29. Doctors Mistake The Gender Of Your Baby

Luke: "Breath slow, babe," Luke tried to sound calm as you frantically gripped on his hand, contractions coming at a raced speed. "Okay, I think it's time," the doctor smiled at you, and you tried to smile back, but it didn't work. "You need to push, okay?", she asked, and you nodded, starting with the force immediately. "Breath, babe. Squeeze my hand if you need to," Luke said, putting a hand lovingly on your forehead. "Holy fuck, Lucas, this is all your fault. If you hadn't even got me fucking pregnant I wouldn't be going through this fucking pain," you exclaimed; the force of pushing doing nothing. He instantly took his hand off of your forehead, afraid you might bite him or something. "That's normal," a nurse chuckled, "Normally it's quite worse, actually. They're just in a lot of pain,". He looked at you, seat covering your face, a big frown placed on it and lots of yelling. "Breath; you can do it," he said, placing his hand on your head and gently caressing your hair. "Almost there, I can already see the head!", the doctor said happily. "C'mon, babe, you're almost there; push," he smiled, and you couldn't help but feel happy too, giving all of your strengths left to that final push. Suddenly, you hear crying; the crying of your baby. "Well, here he is," the doctor smiled. "Wait, I think there's something missing," Luke said. Your heart started racing and a billion questions floated on your head, 'what was missing?!'. "This is awkward," your doctor said, looking quite shocked, "But I might have mistaken the gender of your baby,". "So you mean," Luke began, eyes lighting up even more than they already were, and smile widening. "Yes, you have a girl," she smiled, handing your little baby on pink sheets to you. You carefully tucked her on your arms, beaming at her, some tears falling on your cheeks. "She's beautiful," you whispered. "She has your eyes," Luke said, laying next to you on the bed, and holding you on his arms. "And your hair and nose," you said, smiling at the blonde locks that were already on her head. Luke kissed the top of your head lovingly; "I love you," he whispered, "So much,". "I love you too," you smiled, turning your head so you could peck his lips, "Do you wanna hold her?", you asked. "Can I?", he asked, blue eyes shining. "Of course, you're her dad," you laughed, carefully handing her to him. "Hey, darling," he said, looking intently at her, "I'm daddy; your daddy. And I love you very very much," he pecked her forehead, and she wrapped her tiny hand around his forefinger; you could swear you saw a single tear slid down his cheek that moment.

Ashton: "Holy fuck," you yelled. "Just breath, babe," he said, freaking out more than you were. "You need to push, (Y/N)," your doctor said. "Well I'm trying," you yelled. "Shh, babe, breath and push; focus on that," Ashton told you, sending the doctor an apologizing look. "Argh," you yelled, trying to focus on pushing. "You can do it, babe, just think that, soon, we'll have a beautiful baby boy in our arms. We're almost there," he whispered in your ear, kissing your cheek as you squeezed his hand with both hands. "Shit, shit," you yelled. "Just a little more, (Y/N), you're almost there," your doctor pronounced herself again. "See? We're almost there, we're so close to having our first baby," he whispers again, and you can feel his smile. You continue to push, 'till the moment you hear the cries of a baby. "Congratulations," your doctor smiled, "You got yourself a beautiful girl,". You smiled, looking over at Ashton, that was smiling back at you, but, as if in sync, your smiles turned into frowns. "A what?", you asked. "A girl," she repeated. "But we were told it was going to be a boy," Ashton said, looking from you to the doctor. "Oh, there must have been something wrong then, 'cause I'm a hundred percent sure it's a girl," she said, handing you the small baby, "I'm sorry about the misunderstanding,". "It's okay," Ashton smiled at her, sitting by your side on the bed. "I can't believe it," you smiled, caressing her forehead. "We did it, babe, we did it," he whispered, pecking your lips. "What are we going to do about her room and boys clothes?", you asked, giggling a bit. "We'll have to change it all," he chuckled, "Gently caressing your baby's face. "And, what about the name?", you asked. "She looks like Ellie," he said, looking intensively at her face. "Ellie sounds good to me," you said, "Ellie Irwin," you saw him smiling proudly after you said it. "Hey Ellie, I'm daddy and this is mommy," he said, "I love both of you very much; you're my life, and incredibly beautiful. And if any guy breaks your heart, I'll kill him,". You laughed, only Ashton would threat your newborn's future boyfriend.

Michael: "Michael, do you remember that time I told you nothing would ever stop me from loving you?", you asked, sweat on your forehead. "Yeah," he smiled. "Well, I fucking lied. This is all happening because of you and I fucking hate you," you yelled. He looked take aback first, but, then, chuckled. "Just breath and push, babe. Breath and push," you tried to obey him, but it was hard. "Holy fuck, how long is this gonna take?!", you yelled to the doctor. "It all depends on your pushing," she answered, "You need to try a bit harder,". You sighed, squeezing Michael's hand as you tried using more strength on pushing. "Fuck this, fuck you! Holy fucking shit," you yelled to Michael. "You can do it, I know you can," he told you, giving your hand a gentle squeeze. You closed your eyes and focused on pushing, not giving a damn about how you looked or anything like that. "I can see the head," the doctor said. "We can do it, (Y/N), I'm here for you," he whispered in your ear. You kept pushing, thinking of the baby in your arms, you, Michael, and your baby boy. Suddenly, it all stopped; the pain, the sweat, and all the tension in the room was substituted by the cry of a baby; the beautiful cry of a beautiful baby. Slowly, you opened your eyes to see Michael staring lovingly at you. "You did it, babe! We did it," he kissed you. "I can't believe it," you smiled widely. "Well, remember when we said it was a boy?", the doctor said, stepping closer to you with the baby wrapped around her arms, and you nodded, "Apparently, there was a mistake; your baby is a girl". You and Michael looked at each other, smile on your faces; even though you'd never say it out loud, both of you always wanted a girl. "Can - Can I hold her?", you asked. "Of course," she smiled, handing her over to you. "She's so beautiful," you sighed, "The hard work was worth it,". "Mya Clifford; how do you think it sounds?", he asked, kissing the top of your head. "Perfect; just perfect," you smiled, "You wanna hold her?". "Yeah," he smiled, taking her in his arms. This was one of the only times you ever saw a person shine 'cause of love, it was all written on his face; not even a day old, and your baby daughter already had him wrapped around her tiny fingers. "Hey, Mya, hey, baby. Daddy loves you, you know that? Yes he does, he loves you very much," he told her, and you believed in every single word he said.

Calum: "Fuck, fuck, fuck. Is it hurting?", Calum asked. You were the one giving birth, but Calum was probably freaking out more. "Of course it's hurting, you dumb ass! A fucking baby is going out of me," you yelled. "I'm sorry, I'm just so nervous, and-" he started, but you cut him off. "Just give me your fucking hand," you yelled, closing your eyes to focus on what you needed to do. You felt a big hand wrap around yours, and lips touching your forehead; "I'm here for you, babe," he whispered to you, more controlled now. "Shit," you yelled,", you had always dreamed of giving birth, but you skipped the part where it'd hurt like hell. "We're almost there, (Y/N), I can almost see the head," the doctor said. You lifted your head up to look at her, but instantly laid it back on the pillows, remembering you needed to focus on pushing, not looking. "C'mon, babe, you can do it," he squeezed your hand gently. You focused every single part of your body on pushing, when you heard a small yell, followed by sobs. "Oh my God," you said, opening your eyes, "I - We did it?", you asked, smiling uncontrollably. "Yes, we did it," Calum said, mirroring your smile. "Congratulations," the doctor said, handing the baby over to you. You wrap your arms carefully around it, smiling as you looked at it. "Wait," you said just as the doctor was about to leave, "We were told it was going to be a boy,". She looked confused, then looked at some papers in a clipboard. "Oh, I see. I'm extremely sorry, I believe there was a mistake with the ultrasound, because it is a girl, and it is yours," she smiled sweetly at you, "I'm sorry again,". "She's beautiful," you whispered, looking over at Calum, who had a sweet smile on his face. "I love you; both of you", he said, looking at you and the baby. "What are we going to name her?", you asked, realizing you had only thought of names for a boy. "How about Daisy?", he asked. "Sounds perfect," you said, "Our little Daisy,".