70. Kids

Luke: You've been trying for kids for months with no success and the two of you are on edge. 'What are we going to do?' Luke asks one day. 'Keep trying, that's all we can do,' you reply. 'No because clearly that's not working we need to get tests done,' he paces. 'Tests, I couldn't stand tests at school, you mean fertility tests?' you panic. He nods.
When the time comes to get the tests you are especially nervous, even more so when the two of you are waiting for your results. Luke gets his first and opens the brown envelope. 'I'm fine, completely fertile' he grins and your face falls. 'So that means it's me...' you say. 'Not necessarily, sometimes we're just unlucky' he tries to reassure. 'Mr and Mrs Hemmings,' a nurse says. 'Follow me'. You're taken to a small room where a doctor is say in front of you. 'There's no easy way to say this,' the doctor begins, 'but Mrs Hemmings, you are infertile, your womb is unable to home the growth of a baby'. You break down, it is you, 'there are still other ways of having children...' tears spill down your face 'I'll go get you some leaflets'. When the doctor leaves Luke wraps his arms around you 'It's fine we can still find a way to have a family'. 'That's alright for you to say, there's nothing wrong with you,' you weep, 'I'm sorry'. 'No it's all okay, it's not your fault,' he kisses your forehead, 'I love you'

Michael: You and Michael are always safe, you take the necessary precautions in your sex life but one way or another you find yourself at that certain time of the month, late. At first you panic until Michael walks in, 'What's wrong?' 'Um... can you run down to the  and get me something?' you stammer. 'Sure what?'. You exhale, 'A pregnancy test'. He picks up his pace, 'Uh, sure thing I'll be right back'.
The three minutes as you wait for the test to work is agonizing, your hand clasped to his. 'What if we are pregnant?' you ask. 'It's a little fast,' he smiles 'but it'd be great'. 'Boy or girl?'. 'I really don't care'. And the times up, you pick up the test to see two pink likes form. You're pregnant. 'We're going to have a baby' you squeal pouncing on him. You press your lips to his as he mutters 'we'll be a family'

Calum: You're finally expecting a kid, your first at that too and you have never been more excited. You've only just started to show, your bump only small. You curl up next to each other in your shared bed, he wraps his arms around you and nuzzles his face into your neck as you fall asleep.
Halfway through the night you wake up with a shooting pain in your stomach, something is wrong. You shake Calum's shoulder 'Cal, the , I'm bleeding' you say and he rubs his eyes sitting up. 'Oh, right, here we need to get to the hospital' he helps you stand and walks you to the door before driving you to the hospital. The pain doesn't stop and it doesn't ease your nerves when you are admitted immediately. You are given medication that puts you to sleep while they run tests, Calum's hand never leaving yours.
When you wake up a doctor walks in with a blank expression on her face, 'How are you?' 'I'm fine, a little sore but that doesn't matter, w-what about the baby?'. The doctor's face says it all, Calum says, 'What's , doctor'. The doctor sighs, 'Miscarriage'. 'Miscarriage?' you hiss. Tears sting your eyes as the doctor says a bunch of things you don't understand, your grip loosens on Calum's hand but he squeezes yours tight. And the doctor leaves the room, 'Babe, I'm so sorry' he says. You don't look at him 'Dead, there's a dead thing inside of me, what did I do wrong?'. 'Nothing, you were doing everything right, it's just an unfortunate incident,' he rubs your back. 'How can you be so calm?' you ask. 'I'm not, I just, we can try again...' you don't reply and he stands tilting your chin up to his. 'I love you, no matter what'

Ashton: Expecting twins isn't easy, you don't fit in many places normal people would, moving is difficult, you need to pee quadruple the amount you should but nearing the end of your pregnancy you  to get sick of it, even though you're excited.
One day you and Ashton are in the kitchen when you get a strange sensation in your lower abdomen and the floor becomes wet. 'Didn't make it to the bathroom in time again?' he asks. Your eyes are fixed on the ground as you shake your head and he catches on, 'Oh... OH!' he jumps up and down on the spot. 'The ? The babies! We need to get you to the hospital' He hooks an arm around you and begins to rush you out the door. 'Careful Ash,' you say. 'I am pregnant'
The drive to the hospital leaves you buzzing with anticipation, your babies are on the way and you don't feel prepared. You almost hyperventilate in the back seat as you drive but somehow you  to calm yourself down. You're apparently quite far along as you are taken straight to delivery and 2 hours apart your two twin daughters Casey and Rhiannon are born. Ashton holds the two of them in his arms as he smiles bigger than he ever has. You look up at him and he mutters 'Daddy's little girls'

/