21. Take It Off - l.h

"Alright, lets take a time out," you laugh breathily as Luke plants wet kisses around your jaw and collar. You untangle your fingers from his hair and place them on his chest, gently creating some space between you.

"Noooo, y/n..." Luke whines, keeping his hands firmly on your waist and looking up at you with his highly-practiced puppy dog face, "you only just got in-"

"And I'm already boiling!" you cut him off, "besides, anybody could walk through those doors. This is a public hotel hot tub remember?"

"So? We're just kissing. And we are officially dating as of two weeks and four days ago, remember?" His hands slide down to your legs which are resting on either side of his lap and scoots you closer to him.

You let him steal another long kiss before backing up again and taking his face in your hands, forcing him to look up at you. "Yeah, but nobody knows that yet, remember? And if Michael happens to come down and see you making out with his sister-"

"He's not gonna come down," Luke assures you confidently, "I saw him in the hall on my way down here and he was pretty drunk with a girl attached to his hip. I think it's safe to say he's a bit busy right now."

You wrinkle your nose at the thought. You knew Michael's work brought countless girls to their knees in his presence, but you still would rather not think of your brother getting laid.

"Yeah, but what if someone else sees us and tells Mikey before we do? You know how serious he is when it comes to his 'protective big brother' job. Even if you are one of his best friends, he'd probably flatten you on principle." Though he was only eleven months older than you, Michael took his position as your personal guardian very seriously, reminding you incessantly that he will not hesitate to Hulk Stomp any guy who tries any funny business with his little sis.

Luke laughs and rests his lips on your shoulder, enjoying the smell of your signature fruity perfume, even if it was mixed with that of chlorine. Despite the persona being linked with him in the media lately, Luke has close to no experience with girls and handles himself around them about as gracefully as an ostrich on roller blades. But with y/n he feels more than comfortable to be himself without worrying whether or not he's doing and saying the right things. She loves him for him — his awkward, lanky, dorky self.

"y/n?"

"Mmm?"

"Let's tell them tomorrow."

"Tell who what?"

"Tell the guys about us."

You hesitate, leaning back while grabbing onto Luke's shoulder as an anchor and scrutinizing him. "Are you sure? I mean, telling the guys basically means telling the world."

Luke's eyes narrow and follow you as you haul yourself out of the hot tub and lay down on your stomach so you're facing your grumpy-faced boyfriend, the cool tile floor feeling good against your overcooked skin.

"Do you not want the world to know?" Luke asks, sounding a little hurt. He turns so he's facing you, your noses inches apart.

You shake your head adamantly, "no, it's not that I'm not proud of what we have together. You're the greatest thing about my life at the moment. But we just started testing this new level, and the last thing I want is for us to get rocky just because of shit from the media. Besides, Michael will probably have an aneurism anyway so it would-"

Luke cuts off your rambling mouth with his own, massaging your lips with his in a way that makes your mind swipe blank like a dry-erase board. His hand is just coming up to cup your face when your phone rings from the lounge chair next to you, the shrill tone making you both jump.

"It's Mike," you squeak as you read the screen, scanning your surroundings nervously before answering.

"Y/n? Where are you?" Michael doesn't sound as wasted as Luke let you believe.

"I'm err.. At the hot tub," you reply, looking at Luke with worried eyes. This wasn't exactly how you wanted Michael to find out about you and him.

"Maybe I'll come down and join you. I finally got this crazy girl to take a hint and get lost-"

"No!" you almost shout into the receiver, "I mean, that's okay. I was just about to come up anyways. The cleaning crew just came in."

"At eleven at night?"

"Umm yeah, I don't know. Maybe we can order room service and play some Fifa or something?"

"Alright, if you say so. I'll see you in a bit."

You hang up and finally allow yourself to breathe. You look over at Luke, who's got a wide grin plastered on his face.

"The cleaning crew?" he asks teasingly.

"Oh shut it," you growl playfully, throwing your oversized t-shirts on and sliding your feet into your flip flops, "I was having a panic attack. He almost came down here!"

Luke rolls his eyes, "you really think he'd freak that much? I mean, the guy's got neon green hair."

"All the more reason to be extra cautious," you crouch down as Luke rises up a bit to meet your lips halfway.

"We have to let them know eventually," Luke tells you.

You stop and think for a moment. He was right. You couldn't let yourself think that you two could go on with this secrecy act much longer; not when you're on tour with his band and one of his band mates happened to be your brother.

"Alright. Tomorrow we'll tell Michael. Just Michael," you give him a look that makes him raise his hands in surrender.

"Alright, that's fine with me. I can take baby steps."

You smile, "with your giraffe legs? I don't think so." And with that you turn and head toward the elevators, head buzzing and heart pounding.