13. He Wakes Up and You're Already Awake

Ashton: When you went over to Ashton's place, you two found comfort on his beat up, old sofa that perfectly sat right in front of the TV. You sat with your back against the cushion and your legs extended out onto the ottoman while Ashton rested his head on top of your lap. As you two watched movies together, you played with his hair. Your fingers ran effortlessly between his curly locks and you smiled every time his hands were raised and placed over yours. You knew when Ashton was asleep when his arm fell off the cushion, hitting the floor. Between you two, you enjoyed the night and stayed up most of the time. You let Ashton sleep on your lap while you continued scrolling through Netflix, picking out movies that made you feel good. Just as the sun was peaking through the curtains, you found yourself looking out the open window with your hand still caught in Ashton's hair. He shifted and you heard him exhale loudly. "(Y/N)..." he murmured. Smiling, you leaned down and kissed the top of his head. "Good morning, Ash." He turned over so that the back of his head rested on your lap while his hands found yours, interlocking your fingers. In that morning voice you loved oh so much, he replied, "Morning, babe."

Calum: Since Calum had arrived back home, he wasn't able to stay up as much. He needed to get some beauty sleep, he told you. You shook your head every time. After a long day, you and Calum crawled into his bed and rested your heads on the pillows. There were times when he promised he would stay up with you because you had difficult time going to sleep, but after he said that, he would be asleep thirty minutes later. You didn't mind though; you enjoyed being the only one awake. It gave you time to think about everything. You turned over so that you were looking out the window. The moonlight was bright, which illuminated parts of Calum's room. After a few hours, you shifted again, this time resting on your back. You hands held up the blanket that covered you both and you could't help but turn your neck a little to watch Calum sleep. His eyes fully shut, his mouth partly open, exhaling softly some times, and loudly, other times. He was so cute when he was sleep, which was one of the many reasons why you loved staying up - to watch him rest. When you started seeing the sun peak enter the room, you turned so that you were facing Calum. He felt the shift of position resulting in his eyes fluttering open. "You still awake," he asked in his morning voice. You nodded while Calum reached for your hand. "Good morning to you, beautiful."

Luke: "I have to finish this paper," you told Luke when he called you over to bed. It was that time of the year when school work was becoming a lot more difficult and time consuming and even though you enjoyed spending nights over at Luke's, that didn't mean putting off homework. You heard him sigh loudly. "Alright, good night," he said and he fell asleep. Staying up to work on homework wasn't what you had in mind. Luke was leaving for tour in just a few days and you wanted to spend every minute with him. That meant, you wanted to be cuddled up in his arms every night until his arms wouldn't be able to hold you for a few months. But there you sat in the living room, working on a paper that was due before 8 am the next morning. You pouted as you went back to finishing it. It took you 5 hours to complete it and when you looked over at the clock, it was nearly five in the morning, which gave you plenty of time to cuddle up next to Luke. You slipped into bed and faced him. As you watched his chest rise up and slowly back down, you smiled and began tracing your fingers along his skin. His eyes had fluttered open and instantly locked with yours. "About damn time..." he muttered before wrapping his arms around you, pulling you in for a proper cuddle.

Michael: You and Michael enjoyed competing against each other in who could stay up the longest. He knew, deep down, that you would win. Every single time. He was aware of your insomnia and supported you by staying up with you as much as he could. However, there were nights were he just couldn't stay awake. His arms rested over your stomach and he said softly, "I can't stay up much longer..." You looked at him and pouted. "It's okay, Mike. Just go to sleep." A smile quickly formed on his face while he adjusted himself on the bed, pulling the blanket over his legs and leaving it just below his belly button, exposing his chest. "Don't leave," he whispered and you shook your head. "I would never..." You ran your hand gently through his hair as he rested his head on the pillow. You watched him drift off into a peaceful slumber while you stayed awake, as always. The fact you had a hard time falling asleep annoyed you, but you loved watching Michael sleep. In the morning, you would gaze over at him and just as you were about to hop out of bed, Michael would pull you back in. "You can't leave without a good morning kiss," he said and you smiled.