11. Giving Your Child 'The Talk'

Ashton: Ashton clears his throat awkwardly, looking anywhere other than at your teenage daughter. The pure dread on her face lets you know that she's aware of what he dad's trying to do. "Look, dad, you don't need to give me the talk," she sighs, running a hand through her hair, "Sex Ed. beat you to it. I know all about STDs and protection and all of that. And before you ask, no, James and I are not having sex." The blond sighs in relief, pulling your daughter into his arms. "I should've known. You're a smarty pants. But, seriously, be careful, okay?"

Calum: "Look, mate, there's something I need to talk to you about," Calum sighs, sinking onto your son's bed beside him while you stand in the doorway. He easily explains the mechanics, answering your son's questions. "The most important thing is that she wants it too, okay? Unless she says 'yes', you do not touch her, okay? 'Okay' and 'I guess so' are not acceptable," Calum emphasises. "Wait, some guys actually try to force girls into having sex with them?" Your son sounds absolutely disgusting, filling you with relief that you and Calum had raised your son right.

Luke: "You're getting to the age now where people start, um," Luke pauses, looking down into your daughter's wide eyes, "discovering their bodies. And that's okay; it's completely natural and everyone does it." She bites her bottom lip, looking uncertain. "I know you know how sex works, but there's other things to it, okay? Most importantly, you are always allowed to say 'no'. If you don't feel safe, or you don't like whoever you're with, or if you simply don't want to, you have the right to say 'no'. And please, use protection. Any other questions right now?" She shakes her head.

Michael: "But I don't understand how it works," you son groans, falling dramatically onto the couch besides his father. "Well, you know what an erection is, yeah?" You son blushes and nods. "Well, when you're aroused, that happens. It happens a lot at your age, often for no good reason, but it'll ease up as you get older. Anyway," Michael shifts, turning to face your son, "when you're with a girl you really like, you'll kiss and touch and you'll get hard. If you doing it right, she'll get wet, which makes it easy to actually do the deed, okay? Just, Jesus, wear a condom, okay?"