30. He Tells You About The Girl He Likes

M I K E Y

Michael had been talking nonstop about some girl he had met on the set of their new video, and it was driving you over the edge. "She has this gorgeous long hair, and it's so shiny! And she had the nicest legs, (y/n). I mean, you should see her! I don't know why she even talks to me!" "That's great, Michael." You forced a smile at him before turning back to your book. Every time he talked about her, your heart would break, and you could only take so much before you had to get up and leave. You didn't understand why he couldn't pick up on all of the hints you'd given him over the years. Why he continued to think of you as his best friend, his little sister, rather than a love interest. You loved everything about him, but his inability to see what was completely obvious bothered you. The next few days, Michael took you to set with him, and you met this mystery girl. You had to admit, she looked as if she were flawless. She was nice, too. Jealousy was raging inside of you every time you talked to her, except, you always felt guilty, too. Guilty for disliking a girl who was clearly not a bad person, and guilty for wanting to stand in the way of your best friend's happiness. You learned to hide away your feelings for Michael as he began to date the actress, and even you had to admit, they made a cute couple. You often third-wheeled around them, although neither of them really seemed to mind, nor did they seem to notice you. Well, Michael, that is. His girlfriend talked to you nonstop, as if you had been friends for life. Michael just stared at her as she spoke, causing you to gulp back words you knew you'd regret saying. One night you'd stayed home, instead of going out with them. You'd gotten tired of feeling like you were intruding. You heard the door shut, and you became alert, looking for a sign of anyone. "Hello?" You called out. "(Y/n)?" Michael's voice shouted back. You let out a breath of relief. "Oh, it's just you." You said as he walked into the room. "Yeah," he grinned. "Why are you back so soon?" You asked as he sat down on the bed next to you. "While we were out, the boys started talking about how great you were, and how they missed you, and my girlfriend obviously agreed. She really likes you, you know. And they started saying these things that got me thinking about... well, about us, and I had to come home to see you, because I didn't know if I was drunk or if I was feelings this way because you make me feel this way. I might feel a little of both. But the thing is, (y/n), I realized that I love you, and I have to be with you." He took a deep breath and looked at you hopefully. "Michael," you giggled. "I've loved you for years, you idiot."

C A L

"(Y/n), have I told you about this girl? She's amazing." Calum sighed, laying down on the couch. "Yeah, actually. You've told be, like, ten times." You groaned, plopping down next to him. "Sorry," he said, although he didn't look all that apologetic. He was unable to wipe the grin from his face. You looked down at your lap and held in a sob. You wished you were the one that made him feel that way. You wished he thought you were even more amazing than this girl. "Maybe I should ask her out?" He sat upright, looking to you for an opinion. You shrugged, not meeting his gaze. "I mean, if you want to, then go ahead." You said. He tilted his head and turned your legs so you were facing him. You looked down so you didn't have to look into his eyes. "(Y/n), what did I do wrong?" He asked. Startled, you looked up. "Nothing! Why would you think that?" "You always do this when you're mad at me." He sighed. "If you don't think she's good for me..." You shrugged once more. "I want you to be happy, Calum." You said, biting your lips to stop burning tears from falling out of your eyes. He remained silent for a little bit before standing up and walking out of the room. You thought he was gone, and you sunk back into the couch, crying into the pillow. Why wouldn't he ever love you? Why couldn't he look at you like he looked at all of the other girs? "(Y/n)," You heard Calum whisper from beside you, causing you to jump. You looked up at him, slightly ashamed he had caught you crying over him. He ran his fingers through your hair, not looking as you watched him. "I tried to call her," He said, finally. "What, did you get her voice mail?" You asked, your tone somewhat bitter. "No." His gaze flickered to yours and then back to the strand of hair he was holding. "I realized that I was in love with someone else." "Calum Hood, would you just make up your mind and date one of these girls already?" You snapped. He blinked in surprise, but continued talking. "This girl I'm in love with... she's beautiful, and sweet, and caring, and funny, and clumsy, and smart, and loving as hell, and I don't know where I'd be without her." "Can't you go tell Luke or Ashton or Michael about this new girl? I've heard enough about the old one." You huffed, crossing your arms. "(Y/n)," he giggled a little. "The girl I'm in love with is you."

A S H

You'd been faking a smile a lot lately, especially since Ashton started dating. You'd thought, since the boys were on a little break, that you'd finally get some alone time with your best friend and long-time crush, but he'd decided that this was the perfect opportunity for him to start to date again. It had become a routine for him to go out almost every night, if not that, and you to wait for him to get home. When he arrived, he'd tell you about how wonderful and amazing his date was, leaving you to smile and nod, and hope your face didn't show how sad you really were. Ashton was on Cloud Nine, while you were living in your own personal hell. If you'd thought it was bad before, it was nothing compared to when Ashton got a serious girlfriend. He was constantly talking about how beautiful she was, and how kind, and how happy she made him. He kept trying to get you to meet her, but you were in no way prepared to meet the girl who made your best friend, who you just so happened to be in love with, happier than you thought you ever could. As if that wasn't bad enough, she took up all of his time, too. You didn't want to be selfish, but you also didn't want to be a complete martyr. You didn't want to give up all of the time you had with him. You were spending time with the other boys, which had been your usual go-to activity, when Ashton barged in. "Have any of you seen (y/n)?" He called. All of the boys pointed to you at the same time, causing you to blush slightly. He froze and stared, and you crossed your arms, feeling awkward. "(Y/n)," he breathed. "Oh, you remembered my name. I thought you'd forgotten, you'd been spending so much time with your girlfriend." You snapped. Luke giggled, causing Ashton to shoot a look at him. "(Y/n), can we talk in private?" He asked. Within seconds, the boys were out the door, leaving you and Ashton in the awkward silence. "Well?" You asked expectantly. "Well, um, I was out at lunch today, and I was telling my girlfriend about you, and somewhere along the way, she stood up and she said if I didn't stop talking about you like that, that she would leave. And naturally I said 'Talking about her like what?' and she said 'like you're in love with her', and then it felt like I got hit by a box of rocks, because I realized that I am in love with you, (y/n). I don't know how I've been so blind, but I was talking about you for hours before she stopped me. I didn't even know I could talk about someone for hours! So, I know I've messed up a lot these past few weeks, but now that I've realized... (y/n), will you go out with me?" He grinned sheepishly.

L U K E Y

"And her eyes are this really pretty shade of green, and I think I could just stare at her for days. I could talk to her for longer, too. She always had something interesting to say. She's so pretty, it's intimidating. Normally I'd ask you to talk to her for me, but you don't know her. I was thinking about maybe asking her out for a drink or something. Does that sound like a good idea? Or maybe out to dinner and a movie. You always say that's your dream first date. I personally think that sounds great." Luke said, his voice dreamy. He'd met some girl the other day, and now he wouldn't shut up about her, and you'd tried. Every time he brought her up, you'd interrupt, but somehow, the conversation always came back to her. You forced a smile at him and hoped you didn't look like you were about to cry, even though that's exactly how you felt. "I think that's a great idea, Luke." You sighed, turning away from him and walking out of the room. Luke didn't come running after you asking what's wrong, but instead walked out the front door. You presumed it was because he was going to go ask this gorgeous girl on a date. You waited home alone that night, doing anything to keep your mind from wondering what Luke and his date were up to. Of course, it was just your luck that there was a thunderstorm that same night. Thunderstorms didn't really bother you, but the frequent electrical shortages that came with it did, expecially at nighttime. It was just your luck that one of those power shortages happened to be that night. You tried to remain as calm as possible while you lit the candles and turned on the flashlights, but you couldn't help but notice how bad your hand was shaking as you reached out with a match to light a candle. Your cell phone rang, causing you to jump. "H-hello?" You asked in a quiet voice. "(Y/n)?" Luke asked in a worreid tone. "Luke," you sighed in relief. "Are you okay? Do you need me to come home?" He asked you. "N-no, I'll be fine. Stay on your date, or wherever you are." You said, looking around the dark house warily. You squeaked as the wind picked up, causing a branch to hit the window. "(Y/n), stay put. I'm coming back." He said. "Luke, you really don't have to-" But he cut you off by hanging up the phone. You sighed and sat on a kitchen chair, waiting for Luke. When he came through the door, he suggested you built a fort and make the black out fun, so you did. While you were laying down in your finished fort, Luke rolled over, putting his arm over your waist. "(Y/n)?" He mumbled. "Hmm?" "I think... I think I'm in love with you." He yawned, pulling you closer to him. "Yeah... I'm in love with you." He said in a confirming tone.