42. You Catch Them Doing Something Cute With Your Kid

Luke:

          You felt around to the other side of the bed only to find it empty. Your bright, red alarm clock reads 2:32 am to be exact, and Luke still wasn't in bed.  You knew he had recording until late tonight, but he promised to be home by midnight.  You checked your phone: no missed calls, no text messages, nothing.  You immediately tried to call Luke only to hear a ringing start in the living room.  You hung up the phone and walked warily into the living room.

          You see Luke sprawled out on the couch with your son tightly wrapped in his arms.  Both of their blond hair disheveled with their mouths slightly ajar from sleep.  Like father, like son.  Trying not to disturb either of them, you grab a blanket off the back of the couch and cover up your two sleeping boys.  You place a soft kiss on both of their foreheads before walking back to your room wondering how you ever got so lucky.

Calum:

            You were watching TV with your husband, Calum, when he said he was going to check on your 2 month old daughter sleeping in her crib.  You barely nod, too engrossed in your favorite TV show to really register what he had said. A few minutes later you turn your head to make a comment to Calum about what just happened and realize that he still isn't back.  You pause the TV and make your way towards your daughter's room.

           Outside the door you can already hear Calum's voice. "You are so beautiful.  Mommy and Daddy love you so much. God, you are gorgeous. I already know I am going to have to fight all the boys off of you, and you are never going to settle. You deserve the best there is.  Any boy will be lucky to have you even look their way.  I can't believe you look so much like (Y/N). Thank goodness you don't look like me though.  You are much better off looking like Mommy." You hear Calum stop talking for a moment, so you peak your head in the door only to see him holding your sleeping daughter with a tear streaming down his face before he gently rubs her cheek with his thumb and whispers, "I love you so so much.  I'll never let anything bad happen to you. I promise."

            You wait a moment before you open the door making your presence known.  "Hey sweetheart," he says before placing your daughter back in her crib and coming to wrap his arms around you.  He places a soft kiss on your forehead before mumbling, "Let's go finish your show then." He intertwines his fingers with yours before leading you back onto the couch to finish watching TV.

Ashton:

            Your 6 year old daughter runs into the kitchen where you are cooking screaming, "Daddy, Daddy. Come have a tea party with me!!!"  You look at Ashton amused while he sighs and says "Only if you promise to stop screaming."  You say, "See Ash, this is how I feel every time you talk." "Oh shush," he says, lightly hitting your butt as your daughter forcefully whispers "I promise. I'll be quiet."  Ash follows your daughter from the kitchen into her room for their impromptu tea party.

            When you finish dinner, you walk into your daughter's room to see her face absolutely gleaming.  Ash has put on a very posh, British accent as he sips his fake tea with his pinky sticking out. You say, "Hey you two, dinner is re- oh my god, Ash. What happened?" Ashton turns around to face you with his curly hair sticking up in 5 little pony tails around his head.  His eyes are covered in bright-blue eye shadow with neon pink blush around his cheeks. "I think our daughter is a natural born artist." "I'm quite positive," you giggle back.  Your daughter just stands proudly admiring her masterpiece.

Michael:

            You were really tired and fell asleep on the couch during the day only to be awoken by sounds in the kitchen.  You hear Michael make a shushing sound and then the giggle of your 4 year old son.  You peak over the side of the couch to see your son perched up on the kitchen counter beside Michael who is holding 2 pieces of bread in his hands.  "So first you have to butter the bread." "Oh god. He is teaching our 4 year old how to make a cheese toastie," you think to yourself.

           "But Dad, I said I wanted chicken."  You start to hear a sobbing sound and look to Michael who has begun to fake cry.  "Nevermind, Dad. I actually really wanted a cheese toastie."  Michael begins to wipe away the nonexistent tears. "Are you sure?" To which your son adamantly nods. Michael continues his cooking adventures, and you watch your son with a huge smile on his face, blond mop of hair falling into his eyes as he watches your husband make a cheese toastie like it was the greatest thing he had ever seen.  Your favorite part though was watching Michael.  His eyes lit up with excitement as he stared into his son's identical eyes.  All of his movements were over exaggerated keeping your son laughing.  Finally, Michael reveals the final masterpiece to his wide eyed son as you sink back into the couch laughing at your idiotic, but perfect family.