Zayn : Sneak in

I looked up at my dad, no expression on my face. I hate how over protective of me he is. I’m 18 and he’s still not letting me date. What does he think is going to happen? “I don’t want you talking to that Zayn guy anymore either. How old is he?" he asked. 

"20." I said, having hope that he’d let loose on the situation, but no.

"That’s way to old, and you need to be thinking about school, not boys." I don’t know how a two year age difference is ‘too old’. I could see if he was 38 or something but we were born in the same decade. 

"Dad, you’re just going to sleep." I said. “I’m not about to sneak him into my room or anything." he said. Zayn is a new guy in town that everyone’s been talking about. I bumped into him at the store about 4 months ago and we were talking a lot, until my dad found out and took my phone away so I couldn’t talk to him. I don’t know why, Zayn’s a nice guy. He’s from Bradford, which is nowhere near the small Mount Dora, Florida. I wonder how he found here because it’s not on the map. But he landed here, and he says he likes it. But he misses his family. 

"Goodnight honey." my mom said, kissing my forehead. I rolled my eyes, laying down. I’m not usually like this, I love my parents but they’ve just taken it too far. I’m not their little girl anymore. I think it’s just the fact that he has a sleeve of tattoos…and doesn’t go to my school…and smokes. They hate smoking. I do too, but that doesn’t mean i’ll hate him. He says he’s been trying to quit. I heard the door close, and let out a deep breath. I hate this, no phone…really. Was that necessary?

The knock on my window, made me jump. I lifted my head, looking around. Was I hearing things? The second knock told me no, I’m not hearing things. Someone’s at my window. I got out of the bed slowly, dragging my feet all the way to the window. I pulled the blinds over, and my whole entire face lit up when I saw who it was. Zayn was standing outside the window, biting that precious lip of his. He was wearing my favorite army jacket of his with a black jacket and shirt under it. It was a cold night tonight. Which is weird considering we live in Florida where it’s supposed to be hot and moist, but we do have cold winters. I opened the window as quiet as possible, hoping not to wake my parents up. 

They fall asleep quickly for some reason. I just lay in bed for like 30 minutes before actually going to sleep. I can’t just fall into bed and sleep.  "Hey love." Zayn said. 

"Hi." I said, not trying to hide the big smile on his face. “What’re you doing here?" I asked. 

"If you want me to g-"

"No!" I whisper yelled. “it’s just, I didn’t know you’d be here." I said. 

"I couldn’t talk to you anymore." he said. 

"I know." I mumbled sadly. “Come in." I said. He climbed in without a problem, stepping in front of me. I was a bit shorter than me, so I had to look up. He was still biting that lip of his, turning me on even more. We’re not together or anything, just really good friends. We’ve never even kissed or anything more than that. I closed the windows behind him, locking it and closing the blinds. 

"What happened?" he asked. When my dad saw me sitting outside of Wal-Mart with him, he went crazy. And of course Zayn just had to be smoking, wearing a muscle shirt with the word ‘Bitch’ on it. It was a bad impression and my dad did not like it. He jumped out of the car, making a big scene in front of everyone. Zayn was a complete gentlemen with him, but my dad was just being a dick. 

"He took my phone after he saw you in my contacts." I said. “I delete all my messages for some reason so that was his only source." I said. “So no boys for me." I mocked his voice. “But they’re sleeping in the other room, so we have to keep it down." I said. He took off his jackets, setting them down in my computer chair. He took of his shoes, and I just stood there watching him. “Do you always like to get comfortable?" I asked.