Niall - Welcome home

You smiled when you heard the door open downstairs. Your best friend since you were still in diapers, Niall Horan (yes the Niall Horan from One Direction) had just got back from tour a couple days ago and this was going to be the first time you saw him in just over six months.

      “Y/n, I’m home.” Niall screamed making you laugh.

You couldn’t help but giggle as you ran down the stairs only to be greeted by a huge smile and those blue eyes you love so much. He put down the huge pitcher of margaritas and his guitar down that he brought over and opened his arms. You ran down the last couple stairs you had and jumped into his open arms. You buried your face in his neck and took in his scent. He had his arms wrapped around you tightly and he whispered, “God I missed you Y/n.”

        “I missed you too Ni.” You whispered. “I’m so glad you’re home.”

         “It’s good to be home.” He smiled kissing your forehead. “So what’s on the agenda for tonight?”

          “Well I made tacos to go along with out margaritas and we could play Fifi if you wanted.” You suggested as he put you down. “I just figured it would be different from our normal movie night.”

           “That sounds like a perfect idea.” He smiled. “As long as, you’re prepared to lose like you always do.”

           “I’ve been practicing Ni.” You sassed putting your hands on you hips. “I’m gonna kick you ass.”

            “We’ll see about that.” He laughed smacking your ass as he followed you into the kitchen. 

You couldn’t help the redness that spread over your cheeks when Niall’s hand hit your ass. You had never really thought of Niall as anything more than a friend, until recently that is. About a month ago he called you at two in the morning crying because he was so homesick. He missed you, his family and friends. In all the years you’ve known Niall you could count the times you’ve seen/heard him cry on both hands. That was one of the times. After talking to him until 5am you hung up with a heavy heart. You hated seeing your best friend so upset. Needless to say you couldn’t fall back to sleep that day, all of your thoughts consumed with Niall. That one phone conversation made you realized the one thing that you never thought possible. You were head over heels in love with your best friend. You always wondered why you could never keep a boyfriend for longer than six months. Now you knew that it was because deep down inside you were comparing everyone to Niall. You were brought back out of your thoughts when you heard Niall say, “Are you still with me Y/n?”

            “Yeah, sorry” You laughed. “Just off in my own little world.”

             “Aww.” He purred. “I’m so flattered to know that you were daydreaming about me.”

You bit your lip. Could he really see right through you like that? You laughed it off before saying, “In your dreams Horan.”

You could have sworn you saw his face fall but you brushed it off saying it was just your emotions playing tricks on you. You grabbed everything you needed out of the fridge and a smile appeared on Niall’s face seeing you had everything he loved.