Zarry : Dreamland

“You were mumbling something about Zayn in your sleep last night.”

I looked up at Harry from my position on the couch, where I was curled up under a blanket watching Frasier. Harry’s expression was more so amused than upset, his emerald eyes displaying a vivid glint of satisfaction as he took in my reaction.

“W-what?” I stuttered, my cheeks instantly turning red. I knew exactly what he was talking about, but I had hoped he was fast asleep when I woke myself up last night from a steamy dream with Zayn. I hoped to God that Harry hadn’t heard me, as I instantly rolled the opposite way and mentally slapped myself. Why had I been dreaming about his band mate, I wasn’t sure. Perhaps it was from yesterday when I was hanging out with the boys during their sound check, and Zayn was being super giddy and touchy feely with his friends, especially Harry. I had always known of Zayn’s quiet demeanor but when his silly side came out, I sort of developed a tiny, school girl crush on him.

“Babe?” Harry sat down beside me, crossing his long legs and draping one of his arms on the couch behind me. I stared at him, worried he was devising some foolish plan in his mind.

“Yeah, I um,” I struggled to find an explanation. “I honestly have no idea what I was dreaming about. Something silly, probably.”

My nervous laughter went un-phased by Harry as he smirked and rubbed his lips slowly with his fingers, thinking. I flicked through the channels on the TV, the remote sweaty in my palms as I dreaded the silence between us. There was an unbearable tension as we both knew that my dream of Zayn wasn’t silly in the least, and my mumbling of his name in my sleep for slightly more of a moan.

“Y/N, it’s okay if you had a saucy dream about my mate,” Harry said, grabbing the remote from my hand. I shuffled under the blanket, feeling myself becoming slightly turned on at the memory of the dream. Harry was watching me intently, obvious to my flushed face and chest. “It’s no big deal, honestly. You can’t control your dreams.”

I looked at him and nodded. “Sure, Harry. I’m not even sure if it was a saucy dream so let’s just forget about it, hm?”

Harry frowned. “Why do you feel the need to lie about it?”

“I’m not lying!”

“Babe, I know very well that you are. It’s fine, I’m not upset-”

“I am not lying, Harry.” My voice wasn’t very convincing as Harry raised an eyebrow and leaned back, crossing his arms.

“So if I called Zayn in here right now, things wouldn’t be awkward?”

“Of course not! Why would you even-”

“Zayn!” Harry’s voice shouted as he kept his gaze on me, holding it fixedly and waiting for my reaction. I forgot that Zayn’s room in their apartment was just upstairs, and that he had been in his room this whole time. Well, maybe I never forgot, but just chose to ignore it.

“Harry!” I whisper yelled, but it was too late.

“Yeah mate?” Zayn’s thick accent replied to his name as soft footsteps padded down the carpet on the stairs. I glared at Harry but he simply smiled that cheeky smile, his dimples prominently shining.

“Can I ask you something?” Harry said, turning to look at Zayn. He was standing behind the couch now, his black hair perfectly shaped and recently shaved on the sides. I noticed today his choice of t-shirt was a Michael Jackson shirt, and sighed internally at his amazing taste. Damn, he was close to perfect.

“My lovely girlfriend here seems to have developed a crush on you,” Harry was saying. I gaped at him, immediately throwing the blanket off of me and standing up.