Harry : Coming Home

You had been having a horrible week at work. Basically ever since Harry had left for tour a month ago, his absence was starting to affect you more than usual. You missed him more than you thought you possibly could. You tried to keep yourself as busy as possible to make the time go by faster without him but it never worked. And now the fact that his scent seemed to have vanished over night gave you less and less of a reason to even want to go home. So, you had stopped for a nice bottle of wine and you were more than ready to drown your sorrows in alcohol as soon as you walked into you and Harry’s flat. You threw off your heels as you entered your cozy apartment and went straight to the kitchen for a cork screw. You didn’t even get your coat off by the time your first half a glass was gone. You walked across your bedroom, throwing your coat and purse on the dining room table on the way. All you wanted was to change into a pair of sweats and an old shirt of Harry’s. You desperately tried to breathe in whatever of his scent was left on the fabric. Why was he not here? You flipped on the tv and put on your favorite sappy, disgustingly romantic movie you could think of and downed the rest of your wine before pouring yourself another large glass. Three glasses later your bottle was nearly gone and so were you. Finally the alcohol took complete control of your senses and you fell asleep. You awoke to the sound of what you thought was your front door opening. You muted the television to see if your mind was playing tricks on you and without another sound you welcomed Harry’s pillow back under your head and rolled back over. You are woken up again when you feel the weight of the bed shift and you hold your breath. ‘No way is there someone in this apartment; in this room. God this is it. I’m going to die. Harry’s going to find me in a million pieces when he comes home’ you think to yourself. You feel a hand move the hair from your face and you can’t help but let a scream force its way from your throat as you throw yourself as far away as possible from whoever was in your bed. You practically fall off the bed when you feel a hand around your waist.

"Whoa, where are you going love?"

You thought you were hearing things. That raspy voice you only heard over the phone the past few months. ‘You must be drunk still you lunatic now you’re having vivid dreams. He’s not here.’ You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and through the haze you saw the padlock tattoo on the wrist that was currently holding onto you so tightly. You threw your body across the bed and your hands immediately tangled into his curls. You breathed in his scent and you were home.

"You’re here" you sigh out as his hands cup your jaw.

 ”God I missed this beautiful face” he replied as he gently lifted your chin and brushed his lips against yours. 

"How was tour? And the boys? Was it amazing?" I asked.

 I wanted to know everything. There’s no more a reliable source than Harry himself. I couldn’t bring myself to look on twitter or anything like that anymore. It was just upsetting. Rumors can kill a relationship and I did not want to see that happen to us.

 ”Darling…”

 I lifted my eyes to meet his emerald ones. He gave me his crooked little smile that made my heart stop. I giggled to myself. Here I am asking him questions after not being in his arms for 3 months. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he took my body onto his lap and he kissed me. There was so much love behind it even though it was a simple kiss. I sighed against his lips as he brought his forehead to connect with mine.

 ”I have never been more content in my life baby” he whispered to me, his eyelids fell shut and he brought his hands up from my hips, sliding his fingers up my sides, barely caressing my chest until his hands rested at the nape of my neck.

I sighed and stirred on his lap. I was putty under his incredible hands. The butterflies stirred in the pit of my stomach and a heat grew inside me. I just needed him to bring me closer.