Niall : When in rome

I squeezed Niall’s hand a little tighter as we made our way through the crowded airport and towards the exit. Bright flashes flickered as people took pictures and girls screamed. “How was the wedding?” on girl yelled. “It was lovely, babe. Thanks for asking” Niall yelled back as we came to our car. He opened the door and I climbed in, him coming in right after me, slamming and locking the door.

"That was one of the easier times" I said, relaxing in my seat. Niall smiled, "Yeah, it was" I looked over at him, "So… We’re in Rome" He nodded, "Yes, we are. Just where you said you wanted to spend your Honeymoon" I smiled a little, "Niall, I told you that ages ago. I can’t believe you even remembered" He smirked and turned a little in his seat to watch the two bodyguards load our luggage into the back, "I remember a lot more than you give me credit for, darling"

I smiled and pulled on my seatbelt as the bodyguards slammed the back hatch and got into the front seats. “How long will it take us to get to the Hotel?” Niall asked as we pulled away from the curb. “About twenty minutes” the one driving said, never turning his attention from the road. I sat back in my seat and closed my eyes. This was a good chance for a nap.

A little while later I was softly being shaken awake. “Babe? Babe, wake up. We’re here” I heard Niall say. My eyes fluttered open and he came into focus. He smiled, “We’re here” I sat up a bit more in my seat and stretched the best I could. He smiled at me before opening the door. I undid my seatbelt and followed him out of the car. He closed the door before taking my hand and lacing our fingers. Surprisingly, there were few fans outside the Hotel. They yelled to Niall as we walked up the path to the entrance but for the most part they were pretty relaxed. Niall smiled and gave them all a quick wave before opening the door and giving me a little nudge inside.

The door closed with a light thud behind us and Niall quickly took my hand again. “The guys will bring in the luggage” he said, leading me towards the row of elevators against the far wall. “Okay” I murmured as he hit the button and we waited.

The doors open and Niall and I stepped in. He reach out and pressed the 22 button. “High floor?” I asked, looking over at him. He smiled, “Yup. Thought you’d like a few” I smiled a little, “Why are you so sweet?” He looked at me seriously, “Because I love you more than anything in this world” I smiled, “I love you too”

The elevator let out a small ‘ding’ and the doors opened. Niall took my hand once again and led me out the elevator and down the hall. We quickly got to our room and he dug in his pocket for the key. “When did you get the key?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. “The guys picked up the key on the way to the airport and gave it to me as I was getting in the car” he mumbled, sliding the card through the scanner and opening the door. He pushed it all the way open and stepped aside, “Ladies first” I smiled and walked into the room. I took a moment to look around as Niall closed the door.

The room was very open. There far wall was basically one big window with a clear few of the City. There was a couch and some plush chairs placed around the living room area and a flat screen hung on the wall. There was a kitchen area to my right, a small hall and what I thought to be the doors to the bedroom and the bathroom.

“Do you like it?” he asked, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my neck, resting his chin on my shoulder. I smiled, “Niall… It’s beautiful” I turned around to face him, “It’s too much though, babe. You know I hate when you spend too much money on stuff” He scrunched his nose at me, “It’s our Honeymoon, beautiful. I wanted it to be perfect” I sigh and smiled a little, “You’re perfect” He leaned in and pecked my lips quickly, “Shall we check out the bedroom? That’s where we’ll be most of the time anyway” I felt a blush creep into my cheeks and pulled away from him, “Sure” I walked to the first door and opened it. When I caught sight of a dresser I pushed it open completely and stepped inside. The room was just as beautiful as the living area.