Harry : Limbo

Harry POV:

I waited for Y/N to fall asleep before I left, carefully slipping my arm from around her waist. I knew she wouldn’t wake up; she always slept so peacefully after she’d cried. I quietly crept around the bedroom and bathroom, packing up some clothes and other items, then stood by the side of the bed, looking down at her naked body, half wrapped in sheets. I sighed. In that moment, I realised how weak I was: weak for her. She’d betrayed me, and yet I still stood here wanting desperately to crawl back into bed with her, feeling like I didn’t have the strength, the capacity to leave.

When we met, I remember wanting her so badly, wanting to make her mine, and knowing that I would probably end up doing anything and everything she ever asked of me - which I did. Leaning down slowly, I pushed a strand of hair from her face and kissed her forehead. I clenched my jaw, shaking my head slightly as my lips left her skin. I shouldn’t be kissing her. 

Before leaving the house, I left a note on the kitchen counter, explaining that I was going to stay with Tom, and asking her to not contact me for a while. Signing off, I spent some time deliberating whether or not to write ‘i love you’. Obviously I loved her, but I had a sick feeling in my stomach, almost as if it was sinful of me to even say it to her, after what she’d done. I had no idea how long I planned to go away for, because in reality I didn’t want to go at all, but I knew I needed time to cool off and think about what had happened. 

- - - - - 

I stumbled through the front door, crashing my keys onto the small table and kicking my trainers off. Shit, I should probably keep the noise down, as Y/N would definitely be asleep. Entering our large kitchen/living room, I could only vaguely make out the state of the place: a obvious mess. Unsurprisingly, I could see various items of Y/N’s strews across the floor, jumpers and t-shirts, a bra draped over the arm of the sofa. Although it was dark, the moon shone through the large sliding glass doors which covered the back wall, softly illuminating the room. Weaving my way around the furniture, knocking into things as I went, I noted multiple plastic take away food containers and sweet wrappers: it was clear Y/N hadn’t taken this time apart to learn to cook. I staggered to the fridge, taking out a bottle of water and swigging harshly in an attempt to sober myself up. My lower back leaning against the marble surface, I wondered why I was here. I desperately searched my intoxicated mind for a reason why I’d cut short my night out to come and see Y/N, when we hadn’t spoken in nearly 2 weeks. As I pondered my thoughts, I heard a car pulling up outside, the headlights shining through the front windows. I frowned, looking at the large clock on the wall, the glowing numbers making me squint: 4:14am.

Before I could fully register my confusion, I watched a small girl stagger through the front door, taking similar step to those I had made just moments ago. She reached out for the lighting system on the wall, turning only the soft outer wall lights on, creating a dim glow in the vast space. I shook my head at the mess, which I could now see the extent of. Y/N was happy to live in this lavish house, with fancy lighting systems and expensive furnishings, but whilst I was away it appeared she’d run it into the ground. I could already feel the ‘angry drunk’ side of my personality creeping to the surface. 

"Where have you been?" I asked sternly, my deep voice filling the room. Y/N immediately jumped, her head sharply darting toward the kitchen area, seeing me stood, arms folded against the counter.

"Jesus fucking Christ Harry! You scared me!" she screeched in reply, still stood in front of the door. Our eyes locked for a moment, as she was evidently shocked to see me. I took in her appearance: a tight black dress hugging body, accentuating her curves, her hair down, dark makeup and higher heels than I’d like her to be wearing. She’d clearly been out.