Birthday "Surprise"

Hi everyone!
Happy New Year!
Belated Happy Birthday, Rj!
Happy Three Kings!
Lahat-lahat na ng greetings isama na natin.

This will probably be my last fanfic for a week or two. My Christmas holiday is over and I have to go back to work tomorrow.
I will now only have weekends to write.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this next installment!
As usual, do let me know what you think of the story as well as your plot suggestions in the comments section.

Shoutout to twitter user @monch1201! Hello and thanks again for your nice messages about my fanfic!

_______________________________

January 1, 11:59pm

   As Rj was in his room, getting ready for bed...

  *ring, ring, ring*

   Upon hearing his phone ring, he reached for it and opened FaceTime immediately. "Hello babe?"

   "Hi babe! I wanted to be the first to greet you at the stroke of midnight!" Maine said as she was sitting on her bed.

   "Greet ng ano? Monthsary na ba natin?" Rj teased Meng as he was walking around his room; he normally can't stay still but what more when he's excited?

   "Sige Faulkerson, tuloy mo pa yan nang magbago isip ko na batiin ka."

   "Luh, luh, luh, di ka naman mabiro. Joke lang, lola!" Rj laughed at his silliness. "Hindi pa man, thank you, babe!"

    "Pasalamat ka, love kita (with matching pouty lips then looks at the clock).
      12mn na! Happy 24th birthday, Rj! Wow! Fantastic baby!" Meng greeted as she danced around the room.

   "Grabe, ang saya agad ng birthday ko. This is really the start of the best birthday ever. And I have you to thank for that."

    "Asus, ang drama mo ha! Binati lang kita, best birthday ever na? E pano kapag wala ako sa KalyeSerye mamaya? Best birthday ever pa rin?"

    "Huy, walang ganyanan! Birthday ko naman, hindi naman siguro gagawin yun ng KS team?" Rj worriedly asked.

    "Funny ka talaga, babe - FUNNYwalain! Hindi naman ako writer sa KS so how would I know di ba? I was just being teasing you for the heck of it. Dami kong tawa ngayon!" Maine teased Rj while laughing uncontrollably.
"Seriously babe, I will be working tomorrow so for sure I will see you. Whether Split Screen or in Broadway, that remains to be seen."

     "Sana sa Broadway talaga. May rehearsals ako sa SPS after Eat Bulaga tapos may plano daw na celebration with Aldenatics sa gabi." Rj sighed. "Sa Eat Bulaga lang yun chance ko na makita ka nang hindi patago."

    "I know, babe. Pero nagkita naman tayo kahapon di ba? I had my Bulagaan icing shower pa nga."

   "Speaking of which, kamusta yung shoot mo kahapon? Masyadong misteryoso, ayaw mo pang sabihin kung ano yun."

   Maine hesitated before answering. "May TVC shoot ako na super confidential pa. I trust you naman pero saka ko na ikukuwento, okay?"

   "Okay lang, that's the nature of our job, so I understand." Rj saw Maine yawn over the line. "O, babe, antok ka na. Kahit gusto pa kita kausap, you need to rest at baka magkasakit ka."

   "Yeah, was super tired yesterday. I'll sleep na ha? Happy birthday again, babe. You're a good man kaya you deserve all the blessings you have and much, much more." Maine answered lovingly. "I love you, babe. Mwah!"

   "I love you, too. I really must have done something right to deserve you. Good night and I hope to see you tomorrow."

--- Eat Bulaga, Alden's lungga

   "Nandyan na ba siya? Darating di ba?" Rj was asking the KS staff around him.

   "Darating ba? Wala naman nasabi sa amin. Kaya nga dito pa rin setup natin," answered the staff member who was busy helping Rj prepare for the JFA segment.

   "Sabi ni Kuya Wally papunta na raw sila e. So baka kasama naman si Maine," insists Rj.

   "Siguro nga, hintayin mo na lang," the staff answered once more before moving on elsewhere.

   "Sana naman nandito talaga siya," Rj whispered.

   The KS segment started and only Wally and Paolo were there. They told Alden (as he is in character here) to go to the main stage for his surprise. Everyone noticed that he was looking around as if looking for someone.

   Then the feed for Maine suddenly displayed. Rj couldn't take her eyes off her as she was singing her song for him - "The Closer I Get To You". She was radiant, wearing the red dress from the "Dalaw Mansyon" episode.

   Rj moved to his standee to intently observe Maine without being observed himself. He knew Maine would not be comfortable with this setup - she hated singing in public! "Kamusta na kaya siya? Thank you Lord, kahit sandaling oras today makakasama ko siya."

   Maine continued singing at the Bulaga stage. She made sure to go in front of the standee to sing to it, knowing that Alden is also there. She held the "standee"'s hand and Rj whispered "Ang lamig ng kamay mo, babe. Pero salamat para dito, sobra."

   They went to the center of the stage and Maine finished the song. Rj saw how uncomfortable she was, so he held her hand and gave it comforting squeezes as Maine gave her birthday message for "Alden".

   The rest of the birthday special segment came in a whirl for Rj. But all he can think of is how Maine is doing. She seemed close to tears earlier.

   While in the dressing room, Rj and Maine managed to have a few minutes alone together. "Babe, are you okay? Bakit para kang naiiyak kanina? Are you mad at me? May ginawa ba akong mali?" Rj asked worriedly.

  "No, babe. It's not you. It's me."

   "Wait, narinig ko na ito before. Are you... Are you... Are you breaking up with me?!?"

---------
A/N: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! I'll continue the story within the day via another part, promise. Just taking a quick break.