Roles, Schmoles

Hi guys! I wasn't able to watch KS today - had a lot of backlog due to the Holy Week vacation (plus my counterparts in Amsterdam didn't have a holiday). But based on my twitter feed, the discussion was pretty interesting.

The discussion got me thinking: What if Rj and Maine discussed the topic of AlDub and MaiChard after he arrived from Canada? And so I have this OneShot for all of you!

Hope you like it! Let me know via comments here in wattpad or through twitter. I love you guys! 😘
_______________________
Maine's condo, March 28, 12mn

  *ring ring*

  Maine was seated casually in her room, trying to act casual and not frequently check if Rj already sent a message when her phone rang. She scrambled to get to her phone and answered it immediately with a wide grin on her face.

  "Hi babe!!! Did you arrive home na?"

   "I'll be home soon, in a minute or so," he replied.

*doorbell rings*

   "Uy, creepy. Someone's at the door at this time. Keep me company while I check who's at the door ha?"

  "Oo naman! Make sure to check the peephole before you open the door. And keep the door chain in place!"

   She rolled her eyes at the reminder. "Opo, Tay!"

   When she peeked at the peephole, she didn't see anyone; there seemed to be a small package though.

   "Babe, walang tao, pero may package. Kunin ko lang muna."

   Maine opened the door but with chain still in place. She peeked outside and didn't find anyone so she removed the chain and was about to pick the package up when...

   "Surprise!"

   "Oh my God!" Maine exclaimed while clutching her chest.

   Rj started laughing at her expression. It was a mixture of surprise, fright and irritation at what he did.

   "Ah ganon! Pinagtawanan mo pa yung takot ko? Manigas ka dyan!" Maine huffed and attempted to close the door but Rj managed to stop it before he could get locked out.

  "Uy Babe, wag ka na mainis! Gusto lang kitang ma-surprise. Sige na, babe, please? Hindi mo ba ako na-miss?" Rj said while looking at her with puppy dog eyes.

  Maine stomped her feet in annoyance.

  "You frightened the heck out of me and now you tell me not to get irritated? Yes, I did miss you kasi I haven't seen you since I left Canada but I'm seriously pissed off at you."

   Rj cautiously approached Maine and held her hands. "Sorry na Maine, Meng, Divina, Yaya Dub, Dani, Anna, Yay... Gusto ko lang naman talaga i-surprise ka. Didn't mean to frighten you."

   He then held her chin and looked at her petulant face. "Sorry na, please?" He then leaned forward and planted a kiss on her pouting lips.

  "Inis pa ako sa iyo, tapos kiss mo na ako agad? Ang breezy mo talaga!"

  Instead of wasting more words, Rj leaned forward and kissed Maine slowly, deeply.