Prom Night (pt 2)

A/N: Hello! As requested, here's part 2 of my MaiChard AU, "Prom Night"!

This part focuses on Richard's version of events that Dei narrated in part 1. What could have been going on Richard's mind during that time?

I hope you enjoy this update in the same way that I enjoyed writing it! The last part, part 3, will be posted either tomorrow or on Monday!

Happy reading!
_____________________

"Good morning, Mrs. Mendoza! Is Maine awake yet?" Rj greeted Maine's mom with a kiss to the cheek.

"Oh, Rj, I'm sorry but she's still sleeping. Would you like to come in for some breakfast while I wake her up?"

"Uh, no thanks, I just finished my breakfast. But... Would you mind if I wake her up instead?"

"Go on up dear! I'm sure she won't mind."

As he entered the room, he immediately saw her sleeping form on the bed.

She looks even more beautiful as she sleeps

She looks even more beautiful as she sleeps. Like an angel sent down from heaven... for me.

Rj stared at Maine as she slept. Tonight is prom night and he can't believe he managed to convince her to go with him. She is his best friend since childhood, his polar opposite in many ways yet she's the only one who makes him feel complete.

He remembered the first time he met her as clearly as if it happened only yesterday. His family moved to this neighbourhood when he was 5. He was crying in the backyard, sitting down on the swing as he thought how unfair it was that they had to move so far away from nana and poppa.

"Pssst..."

Wiping his tears away, he looked around and found a little girl in glasses staring at him from the other side of the fence.

"Who- who are you?" he asked.

She didn't answer; she just smiled and went back inside their house.

"Weirdo," he muttered as he shook his head, temporarily distracted by his sad thoughts.

No sooner has he uttered those words when she reappeared, carrying a small plate of cookies and a glass of milk.

"Cookies and milk - helps me smile when I'm sad," she said in a tiny voice with a lisp and a wide smile.

Getting the warm cookies and cold milk, he took a bite and a drink then he smiled. "Thank you. I'm Rj, who are you?"