Stand-In

Someone sent me a message requesting for a OneShot involving Maine's standee serye.

Nothing beats the 'kilig' of the real thing, but here's my imaginative mind's take on the events.

Happy reading!

Pic © Maine's snapchat 😀
______________________
Maine's condo, late evening

*doorbell rings*

Dean goes to the door and takes a look at the peephole. He smiles and opens the door as soon as he recognizes who it is. He lets their guest in immediately.

"Bro! Bakit hindi ako nagtataka na nandito ka? Nakita mo yung standee serye ni Meng, ano?"

"Oo, ang dami ko ngang tawa sa ginawa ng ate mo. Mas lalo tuloy akong nagmadali papunta dito. Asan nga pala si Meng?" he asked.

"Ay, nandun sa kwarto nya, nakaidlip." Dean then smirks and says, "katabi yung standee mo dun sa kama."

Rj and Dean shared a good laugh.

"Pwede bang sumilip kahit saglit? Magsabi lang ako ng goodnight tapos aalis na din ako," asked Rj.

"Naku, kahit 30 minutes ka pa o mas matagal! Baba lang ako, may bibilhin lang muna. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!!! Naks, english yun!" Dean laughed at his own silly joke.

"Sige, bro. Ano ba yung hindi mo gagawin? Kunsintidor ka talaga, kaya ikaw paborito ko e," Rj said with his usual kilay moves.

He walked Dean to the door and locked it after the latter has left.

He grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen and brought it with him as he went inside the room.

From the sliver of light, he saw her sleeping form on the bed. He kept the door slightly open and turned on her nightlight.

He just stared at her beautiful face as it was bathed in the soft light.

After all this time, he still couldn't believe his luck - two people, plucked out of different paths, placed in Eat Bulaga. They saw each other, became intrigued, met, went through an awkward phase but eventually fell in love.

He shook his head as he saw her hand lying on top of the standee. He went around the bed, removed the standee and slid into the soft bed. Wrapping his arms around her, he kissed the top of her head as he sighed in contentment.

He didn't notice that he has already dozed off when someone suddenly pinched him.

"Ouch!"

"Oh my gosh! You're really here, babe? I thought I was just dreaming!" Maine exclaimed. She suddenly became conscious when she realized something.

"Oh no! I have bad breath na! Wait, let me brush my teeth first," she said as she tried to scramble off the bed.

Rj pulled her back and gave her a sweet, tender kiss. "Okay lang yun, love. Hindi naman kita love dahil sa mabango hininga mo. Saka, baka ako nga yung bad breath. Alam mo naman na nagfa-fast ako once a month - nakakabad breath yun!"

"Hindi kaya, bango-bango mo pa rin kaya, babe."

She hugged him tighter then sighed.

"O, bakit ang lalim yata nyan?" he asked.

She looked up at him from her comfortable position on his chest.

"Wala, ang saya-saya ko lang. Kanina standee lang katabi ko, ngayon ikaw na talaga nandyan. Super sarap ng feeling."

She suddenly sat up and looked around.

"Nasaan na nga pala si standee Alden?"

"Nandun sya sa bathroom mo, naghihintay pag maliligo ka bukas," he replied as he wiggled his brows at her.

"Ikaw talaga, ang pilyo mo! Pero yes, kailangan ko ng taga-hawak ng towel or damit ko bukas, kaya dapat nandun sya para magbantay sa akin. Hindi pa kasi pwede si Rj e, kaya si standee na lang muna," she teased back.

"Speaking of standee serye, ano na naman naisip mo at nagpost ka nun?"

"Wala lang," she answered as she blushed and plucked imaginary lint from his shirt.

"Na-miss mo ako, noh? Aminin mo na, miss mo ako!" he said in a singsong voice, while trying to tickle her.

She laughed out loud as Rj managed to tickle her.

"Oo na, oo na! Namiss kita! Tama na yung kiliti, please?"

He stopped tickling her and pulled her down to hug her again.

"Seryoso, babe? Namiss mo ba talaga ako? And don't roll your eyes at me, I'm sure yan ang ginagawa mo ngayon."

She was just about to roll her eyes when she heard his warning. She laughed instead then replied,
"Ikaw talaga, hilig mo mag-fish for compliments. Gusto mo pa marinig, alam mo naman na namiss talaga kita. E ikaw, bakit ka nandito?"

He touched her chin and made her look up at him.

"Kasi mith na mith na mith na din kita. Hindi ko kaya na di ka makita o makausap kahit isang araw."

Maine smiled and kissed Rj on his soft lips. The sweet moment was broken when she suddenly yawned as she was kissing him!

"Oops, sorry babe! I'm just so tired."

"Okay lang love, sumaglit lang talaga ako to say goodnight sa iyo. Alis na rin ako in a few minutes. Pabalik na rin siguro si Mama Ten para sunduin ako.

"Babe, can you stay here until I sleep again?" she asked.

"Of course, sarap kaya ng ganito. Kayakap lang kita bago ka makatulog."

She smiled sleepily at him and gave him another quick kiss before lying down on his chest once more.

After a few minutes, Rj could see that she was sleeping already. He slowly and carefully moved her to her pillow.

He stood up and looked down at her face once more. "I love you very much, Maine. Sweet dreams."

He gave her a kiss the same way that Prince Charming kissed Sleeping Beauty and left her dreaming.

Dreaming of the time when they will be able to sleep and wake up together - everyday for the rest of their lives.