Fiancée

Hi guys, "kay tagal ko mang nawala, babalik pa rin." I missed all of you, seriously! Life has a way of distracting you, but I'm back (at least for this weekend)!

I'm starting to write two books. One is a RomCom of sorts set in Cebu around early 2000s. The other one I'm starting can be considered chick lit - with a more mature theme though.

I plan to alternately update the two books. No outline, just write what I feel at that moment. Will you guys read it? I'll try to make it worth your while :)

I hope you guys enjoy this update! Happy reading!
__________________
Broadway, before Bulagaan

Finally, she was here. He stood up and hurried to the door of the host's room.

"Hi babe," Rj greeted Maine with a quick peck on her check.

"Ay, teka, may aasikasuhin nga pala tayo dun sa kabila, di ba?" Ruby stood up and looked at her fellow hosts.

"Ha? Anong aayu-- ah, oo nga! Eto na nga, eto na, patayo na kami," said Allan K. when Ruby started glowering at them.

"Mga 10 minutes lang kaming mawawala ha? Kaya pakabait kayo mga lovebirds!" Ruby teased as Rj and Maine were left alone in the host's room.

Rj answered the not-so-subtle jibe with a smile but kept quiet.

As soon as the door closed, he grabbed Maine and gave her a long, fierce kiss.

When they separated they were breathing raggedly. Maine licked her lips and Rj stared at her the same way an eagle watched his prey.

"Grabe sya, what was that for?" Maine asked after she managed to catch her breath.

"I missed my fiancée kahit na magkasama pa tayo kagabi. Alam mo naman na hindi ko matiis na hindi ka kasama lagi," breathed Rj.

Maine widened her eyes before saying in a loud whisper, "Luh, luh, luh, fiancée ka dyan! Mamaya may makarinig sa iyo dyan, mapagalitan na naman tayo!"

Rj looked around the room as if looking for someone. Finding no one, he leaned on the wall, crossed his arms over his chest and smirked.

"Babe, wala namang tao dito kundi ikaw at ako lang. And besides, kung may makarinig man, okay lang kasi totoo sya. Hindi mo na kailangang kumanta pa sa akin kasi I already 'put a ring on it'."

Maine suddenly burst into song and dance imitating Beyonce in her song "Single Ladies."
"Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
'Cause if you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
oh oh oh oh oh"

Both laughed at their silly antics. As they stared into each other's eyes, their laughter died down but their smiles still remained.

They held hands and sat at the table, happy that because of the promo for the movie, they have more time to spend together.

"Babe, paano nga kaya if after the movie, we still can't say na we're dating exclusively? How would you feel?" Maine asked Rj.

"Pasensya na ha, pero ibabalik ko sa iyo yung tanong, love. How would YOU feel? Ikaw kasi ang babae dito."

Maine was about to butt in when Rj clarified what he said.

"Ops, ops! I am only referring to how most people will perceive the lack of public declaration. And the fact na ikaw ang babae at sasabihin na lugi ka dahil pinapaasa lang kita."

"As if naman papayag ako na paasahin mo lang ako! Sa ganda kong ito," makes a wacky face, "who can't resist my charms?" teased Maine.
"Seriously, babe, when have you ever cared for what other people think? Sa dami ng tsismis na kinalat tungkol sa iyo, bakit magpapaapekto ka dito?"

Rj gazed into her eyes and replied with conviction, "Apektado ako kasi ayokong nasasaktan ka. You deserve to have your name shouted across the rooftops or in our case, declared to be my girlfriend in a grand manner."

Maine laughed out loud at what Rj said. He looked at her quizzically and thought, "What is happening? Masyado ba syang pagod o kulang sa tulog kaya di nya naintindihan yung sinabi ko?"

Once Maine got over her mirth, she slapped Rj's arm then pinched Rj's cheeks. "Ang cute mo babe! Nakakagigil ka, sarap mong kurutin!"

"Kinukurot mo na kaya ako babe," he answered through scrunched up lips as Maine then squeezed his cheeks together.

"E kasi ang cute mo!" she exclaimed. "Alam mo naman na I'm a very private person. Kung ngayon pa lang ang dami nang nang-uusyoso sa atin, what more when they find out that we're together and engaged pa!
I don't need grand declarations of love, lalo na ngayon that we're promoting our movie. Or afterwards, kasi sasabihin na para sa anniversary ng AlDub. Ikaw na nga nagsabi na tayo lang ang nakakaalam kung ano ba tayo sa isa't isa. So why should we care about what other people think when we know what's the real deal?"

Rj took her hands in his and kissed them. "I know we said we don't care about labels - pero para sa iyo, what is one word you can choose to describe what we mean to each other?"

Maine thought for a moment and answered with a laugh, "Isaw!"

Rj looked incredulous and asked, "Isaw? Bakit naman isaw?"

"Kasi ang isaw e bituka di ba? Para sa akin, magkarugtong na tayo ng bituka, ganoin! Kaya isaw tayo sa isa't isa."

"Final answer mo na yan?" he clarified.

"Nemen, syempre hindi! The one word I can use to describe what we mean to each other is 'Soulmates'. Kahit anong sabihin nila, we are destined for each other. Our souls yearn for each other, we're meant to be together," she answered sincerely.

Rj gave her a quick peck on the lips afterwards. "Binilisan ko lang yung kiss ko kasi gusto ko din ibigay yung sagot ko sa question ko. Sa akin, we are each other's 'Everything'. You're my friend, my girl, lover, soon-to-be wife, mother of my children, my family, the one person I trust the most in my life. Kahit anong role kaya nating gampanan para sa isa't isa, basta tayo ang magkasama."

Maine was touched with his words and was leaning forward to give him a longer, deeper kiss when someone knocked on the door.

"Alden, Meng, Bulagaan na, labas na kayo dyan, mamaya na harutan!"

Maine laughed, touched the tip of Rj's nose and wiggled her brows as she whispered, "Raincheck. Just collect it later when we're in the car."

She stood up and pulled Rj up. "Tara babe, I have a feeling we'll be lucky this time sa Bulagaan."

Placing her hand in the crook of his arm, he corrected her, "Lucky or not, okay lang sa akin. Basta magkasama tayo. Besides, pag nalagyan ka ng whipped cream, I have the most effective way of cleaning it up." He winked, then she giggled.

And they went out of the host's room, happy to be together and looking forward to whether they're going to get lucky or licky 😏 after today's Bulagaan segment.