Turn Back Time

Have you ever imagined being able to go back in time to change a certain situation in your life?

If you knew what you know now, will you do some things differently?

This fanfic focuses on this topic - no time travel here though. More on a discussion between Alden and Maine regarding one specific thing they would change in the past "if given a chance."

The timeframe for this discussion is set in between the KS segment, while the lolas were off sharing blessings from Eat Bulaga during JFAAFJ.

Hope you guys enjoy this!

Shoutout to twitter user @hazehil! Here's the part that I promised you. Also to @chaoie11 for providing me with the question used by Rj and Maine in this fanfic.
I hope you both like it!
___________________________
--- KalyeSerye (January 29, 2016)

"...mamigay muna tayo ng papremyo..." Lola Nidora's voice was heard in the background and the feed in Alden's lungga was temporarily cut.

They had a façade of a bahay kubo at the side, a backdrop showing rice fields and a cow, and green carpet where they were currently sitting.

"O, mga 15-20 minutes bago tayo mag-resume. Balik ako maya-maya, may iche-check lang ako sandali," Direk Pat addressed Rj and Maine as they were in Broadway acting out Anselmo and Young Nidora's love story.

"Okay po," Rj answered. "Dito lang muna kami ni Maine."

"Hindi pwedeng mag-CR?" Maine teasingly answered back.

"Luh, namimilosopo ka na ngayon ha!" he then tickled Maine while the KS staff looked at them with smiles on their faces.

"Itong dalawang ito, akala mo silang dalawa lang dito noh? May sarili talaga silang mundo," one staff commented to the other.

"Tara na nga muna, bigyan natin kahit konting privacy ang mag-bibi," responded the other.

As some of the team left, Rj and Maine were just finishing their mini ticklefest.

Maine breathlessly told Rj, "Tama na yan! Ano ba, nag-alisan na sila, nahiya siguro sa atin."

Flicking Maine's nose lightly, he then replied, "Hayaan mo na sila, maganda nga kasi we can talk about something."

"Uh-huh, ano na naman yan, Tisoy??? Balik ulit tayo in 15 minutes."

"One question lang naman. This AnseRa arc got me thinking," he mused.

"Ikaw nagsabi 'Overthinking kills,' tapos isip ka nang isip. Sige ka, baka maraming brain cells mo ang mamatay sa sobrang kaiisip mo. Haw haw!"

Maine made a wacky face at that moment and Rj couldn't resist giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"Rj, ano ka ba! Sige na nga, let's start with the Q&A portion para matapos na agad!" Maine said as she looked around to make sure no one saw that kiss.

"Sorry babe, di ko napigilan, ang cute mo kasi e! Ok, let's go! Ready ka na bang sumagot?"

"Ready na! Basta wag lang algebra or trigonometry - alam kong love mo ang Math subjects," she teased once more.

"Pasalamat ka gusto ko talagang malaman yung sagot mo kaya hindi kita 'ki-nith' ulit. Seryoso na ha?"

Maine responded with a nod.

"Maine, GIVEN A CHANCE," Rj started but Meng couldn't help but laugh out loud. "Shh! Akala ko ba serious na tayo? Serious question ito, uy!!!"

"Can you blame me? Lagi mo yatang pinang-iinis yan kay Miss A! Paanong di ako matatawa?" she was trying to stop laughing for Rj's sake who was now pouting.

"Pero sige, for the sake of 'world peace,' I shall keep quiet until the question has been asked. You may proceed with your question, Mr. Faulkerson."

"Serious na talaga ha? Promise yan, promise?"

Maine mimed zipping her mouth to show Rj that she's behaving.

"Maine, GIVEN A CHANCE," Rj looked at Maine to make sure she's not laughing, "to go back in time, specifically to the "candy mag" event, what would you tell Richard Faulkerson, Jr? And why?"

The question stopped Maine's laughter. She looked at Rj and saw the seriousness behind his question. What would she tell Rj back then if she knew what they knew now?

"Wow, ang hirap ng tanong mo ha... Pwedeng pag-isipan ko muna? Can you answer the question first? Mukhang napag-isipan mo na naman siya e."

"Yup, naisip ko na talaga sya. May reason kung bakit tayo nagkita dati tapos after 5 years we met again," he answered truthfully.
"Pero for formality's sake, can you also ask me the question, Ms. Mendoza-Faulkerson?"

"Mendoza-Faulkerson ka dyan! I'll ignore that and proceed with your question instead. *clears throat*
Richard, if you could go back in time to the Candy Fair, what would you tell Maine Mendoza, and why?"

"Thank you for that wonderful question, Ms. Faulkerson. (M mock punches Rj)
If I could go back to the 2010 Candy Fair and meet Maine Mendoza once more, I will tell her:
1. She should avoid men whose names start with M, P and J;
2. She should take up Culinary Arts in college because it will bring her many adventures in far flung places;
3. 2015 will be the start of the best years of her life;
4. Someone named Alden will fall in love with her but her perfect match will be an Rj. Never let him go.
5. She's a very talented person and she should never, ever doubt her capabilities - she will make millions of people happy soon, maghintay lang sya."

Rj answered the question all the while holding on to Maine's hand and staring at her intently.

"Rj, sana maniwala sayo si Maine kung nakilala mo sya that time. Di yun funny e. Saka adolescent pa sya nun, baka di yun maniwala," Maine responded with a wobbly smile while trying to hold back tears.

A couple of tears escaped and Rj gently wiped her tears with his fingers.

Taking a deep breath, she then said "Okay, my turn now!"

"If I am given a chance to go back in time and meet Rj Faulkerson once more, I would tell him only three things:
1. He should focus on his career until 2015, no lovelife until then;
2. Give him a piece of paper and tell him not to open it until after Eat Bulaga on July 16, 2015;
3. He's a good man and a good actor - he should never doubt that he is meant to be an actor even if he faces many disappointments in life.

Whew! And voìla, that's it!" Maine ended with a hand raised up in the air.

Rj couldn't help himself - he gave Maine another buss and a tight hug. "Thank you babe."
Leaning back, he then asked, "Teka, ano yung nasa papel na ibibigay mo saka bakit sa July 16, 2015 ko pa bubuksan?"

"It will contain two things: my name and 2015 mobile number. Para maalala mo agad kung sino ako and you don't need to do stealth moves just to get my number." Maine wiggled her brows at the last part.

Rj laughed out loud at this.

"Meng, Alden, ready na kayo. Malapit na matapos sila Wally," Direk Pat popped in to tell them.

They nodded in response.

"Tara, run through our lines once more?" Rj nodded at Maine's question.

And though they were playing Anselmo and Nidora in the segment, their words and stares held the truth - Maine and Rj have found each other again and this time it was definitely sweeter.