Fantasy & Reality

I'm writing this update for my RT sisters who have been absolute writing machines these past few weeks. I may have been the first in our family to try out fanfic writing but you guys are absolutely amazing!!!

yesjawn , thank you for "Hello Richard". We all wait with bated breath as Dei/Maine will finally meet with Rj today. Gaaah, what will happen kaya?

iamRam2333 , first there was "Wrecked" then "Runaway" and now, "The Experiment"! You can write multiple chapters in a day and can finish one book in two weeks and the stories are all good! Galing, sobra!

So happy to be in a family of creative people. I absolutely love you gals! Hope you like this 😘

To all my SM readers, hope you enjoy this update as well!

Happy reading!
_____________________
Maine's Condo, early Sept. 1

"Oh my God! September 1 na pala!" Maine exclaimed as she quickly sat up in bed while reaching for her phone at the same time.

Opening her wattpad account, she immediately checked her notifications to find out if there's an update for "Hello, Richard".

"Aaargh, wala pa pala!" she pouted as she lay back down in bed. Checking the time, she called Rj to share her excitement and frustration at the lack of updates of her favorite fanfic.

*ring ring*

"Hello babe? Aga mo yata nagising?" Rj asked as soon as he answered the phone.

"Eh naexcite ako kasi September 1 na."

"Wow, excited ka na kasi Ber-months na? Or simula na kasi ng countdown sa pasko? Magpo-post ka ng meme ni Jose Mari Chan maya-maya ano?" Rj teased.

"Oo, kasama na yun pero excited ako kasi September 1 na! Makikilala na ni Richard si Maine for real! I'm so excited!!!" Maine squealed into the phone.

On the other line, Rj frowned at what his girlfriend is saying. Napaano ba ito? Nauntog ba ito at nagka-amnesia?

"Erm, babe, okay ka lang ba? Magkakilala na tayo matagal na; engaged to be married na nga tayo di ba?" he asked.

Maine rolled her eyes even if Rj can't see it. "Haven't you been listening to me last night? I explained about the two most recent fanfics that I've been actively following lately. Yung isa is 'Hello, Richard' and the other one is 'The Experiment'.

"The first one has a highly-anticipated update today kasi finally they're going to meet sa Cliffhouse!!! And Richard will find out na Maine and Dei, who is his online lover by the way, are one and the same!!!"

Maine could hear Rj laughing on the other line. "O, bakit ka naman natawa? Did I say anything funny?"

"Wala naman babe, pero natawa lang ako kasi na-addict ka na talaga dyan sa mga story na yan. Pero ako, sa totoo lang, gusto kong magalit si Richard sa story mamaya," he answered and waited for the inevitable explosion in 3, 2, 1...

"What? Why the heck would you want that to happen?" Maine exclaimed as two red spots appeared on her cheek.

"Kasi malalaman na ni Richard na niloko sya ni Dei, who is actually Maine. He actually fell in love with a fake or non-existent person. Maine chose to hide behind Dei and made up a person who is totally different from her in real life. So Richard deserves to feel mad and take it out on Maine."

"Gaaaaah! You... You meanie!!! You're just like Christine in 'The Experiment'! Kontrabida kina Dei at Rj!"

"O, bakit naging si Christine ako? And are we switching to the other book na?" Rj answered as he guffawed.

"E kasi isa kang malaking hadlang. Ayaw mo bang maging masaya yung mga characters sa story? Na magkatuluyan sila? Dun sa 'The Experiment', Dei finally agreed to give Playboy Rj a chance tapos the sneaky ex, Christine, comes back. She's going to do everything to break the two of them up, I'm sure of it! Aaargh, para syang si Ju---"

"Teka nga, bakit ka ba masyadong affected? Kulang ba yung sweetness ng lovelife natin? Kaya naghahanap ka ng mas sweet na story?"

"Hindi naman, babe. Ang saya lang magbasa ng mga fanfic. Kasi sinusulat sya ng mga fans natin pordalab. I mean, it's a lot of effort to write stories. Tapos they don't get any compensation from it except the joy of writing about us in different scenarios or realities. And..."

"And?" he prompted.

"And super ang kilig ko when reading about us in different situations. I can see the two of us in the stories they write. Kahit yung masakit na parts, nararamdaman ko and I feel for the characters. Nai-imagine ko, 'what if it happened to us in real life'? And I fall in love with the characters even more."

"Babe, I love how much you appreciate the effort from our fans. Minsan nga mas gusto pa di ba ng mga fans natin yung fanfics kesa sa KS. I also love the fact na gumagawa ka pa ng secret accounts just to read or to interact with them. Pero kalma lang ha? Baka maaway mo pa ako dahil sa kalokohan ni Richard or ni Rj sa mga fics ha?"

"Hmm, teka pag-iisipan ko muna... Joke! Oo naman, much as I love the stories being written about us, the reality of what we have will always be sweeter than the stories written about us."

"And with that, Happy 59th Weeksary sa iyo babe. No matter what happens, kahit hindi pa rin sagutin ni Divina si Alden mamaya sa KS, seeing you last July 16, 2015 on split screen will always be the biggest blessing that I ever received in my life. Mawala man itong lahat ngayon, basta nandyan ka, I will still be the happiest guy in the world.

We will make our own happy ending happen. That I can promise you."

Maine sniffed and tried to hold back her tears. "Ditto. I love you babe. Very much."

"And I love you, too."

A few seconds of happy silence settled between the two of them until Maine asked, "Pero teka, sa palagay mo, ano kayang magandang mangyayari sa 'Hello, Richard' mamaya?"

"Hahahaha! Ikaw talaga, babe! Sige na, mag-gym pa ako! See you later! Love you!" And Rj dropped the call.

"Bakit kaya? Ano bang nasabi ko?" Maine wondered, then shrugged and finally got out of bed to start her happy and busy Thursday.