Cold Play

As promised dahil love ko kayo and matagal na rin akong walang update!

Here's a short fic for you guys in celebration of the 13th Monthsary today.

Happy reading!
___________________
Rj's van after Eat Bulaga

*ring ring*

"Ayan na, lagot ka," Mama Ten warned Rj.

Rj sighed before answering the phone.  "Hello babe?" Rj greeted Maine.

"Ano yung intro mo kanina tungkol sa selos? Wala sa script yun ah! I was caught off guard and I couldn't help my reaction!" Maine started without preamble.

"Babe, pwedeng pag-usapan na lang natin ito sa personal? Pwede kang dumaan sa condo mo kahit sandali lang? O puntahan na lang kita sa baranggay?" he asked.

Maine kept silent and Rj knew that she's mulling over the options. Patiently, he waited for her response and hoped she would select---

"Sa condo na lang. We'll have more privacy there. We'll be leaving in a few minutes. In case mauna ka, just let yourself in. You have a spare key naman."

"Okay. Maine?"

"Hmm?"

"Never mind. Pag nagkita na lang tayo maya-maya, dun ko lang sasabihin."

"Okay. See you in a bit. Bye." Maine dropped the call without waiting for his reply.

Rj ran his fingers through his hair. He really did it this time. It's just that... Aaargh! This is so frustrating!

He asked his driver to pass by Starbucks first to get Maine her favorite drink.

"Ano yan, suhol?" teased Mama Ten.

"Sige, mang-asar ka pa, namumrublema na nga yung tao," said Rj with a pout.

"Eh sino ba naman kasi ang nagsimula?"

"Teka, dapat sa akin ka kampi. Dapat pinapalakas mo loob ko ah! Bakit nang-iinis ka pa lalo?"

"Naku, ikaw na ang Pambansang Bae, madami nang dumadamay sa iyo. Ako na lang magsasabi sa iyo ng totoo. Para hindi ka rin mapahamak, noh!" insisted Mama Ten.

Rj kept quiet for the rest of the way.

Upon arriving at Maine's building, he donned aviator shades and a cap to conceal his identity.

Reaching her unit, he was just about to insert his key into the lock when the door suddenly opened.

"Mauuna pa pala ako sa iyo," Maine said in a quiet voice. Noticing he was holding her favorite Starbucks drink, she suddenly smiled but just as quickly the smile turned into a frown. "Ano yan, suhol?"

Rj shook his head and gave a tiny smile as he remembered Mama Ten's question earlier. Ikaw na talaga, Nay. "Hello Menggay, pwedeng pumasok muna ako para hindi tayo dito sa pinto mag-usap?"

Maine moved sideways and Rj went inside. As soon as Maine closed the door, Rj enveloped her in a backhug.

"I'm really sorry babe. Nag-nagselos lang talaga ako e. Lumabas lang din bigla yung nasabi ko kanina."

Maine sighed and turned to face Rj. "Dun muna tayo sa couch so we can discuss this properly."

Once seated on the couch, Maine took the SB drink and started enjoying it. Rj looked at her and she reacted, "What? Para sa akin naman ito di ba? Now stop stalling and start explaining."

Taking a deep breath, he started to explain. "Kasi babe, aalis ka, punta ka sa Coldplay concert. For sure magkikita kayo ni 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' doon. Mag-e-enjoy ka dun, walang masyadong bantay tapos kasama mo sya; natatakot lang ako---"

"Richard, don't you trust me? Hindi lang lip service; do you really trust that I won't do anything that I shouldn't do?"

"I do trust you! Siya ang hindi ko pinagkakatiwalaan!" Rj burst out with emotion.

Maine put her drink down and held Rj's face in her cold hands. Rj shivered but kept quiet while waiting for her to speak. All of a sudden, she pinched his cheeks!!!

"Aray ko, babe! Ano ba yan!" Rj exclaimed.

"Ikaw kasi, nakakagigil ka! I know how to handle Mig--"

"'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named'," Rj insisted.

"I know how to handle him. Friends lang talaga kami and there will be other people with us, hindi lang naman sya. In the first place, you could have gone with me pero you said no. Second, we're engaged, I'm wearing your ring, my parents love you and your parents love me. But most importantly, I love you. Hindi ko pa ba napatunayan yun sa iyo?" she asked in an exasperated tone.

Rj felt embarrassed as he realized how childish he was being. "Babe, I'm sorry. Pasensya na talaga. I really wanted to go with you pero hindi pwede e. Siguro yun tapos inggit na magkasama kayo kaya bigla na lang akong sumabog kanina."

Maine took his face in her hands once more. Rj looked a bit wary especially since she pinched his cheeks earlier but to his surprise (and delight) she gave him one sweet kiss.

"Babe, you really are the cutest. And sweetest. And emotional. Without those, and syempre your dimple, you wouldn't be the Rj that I know and love. Pero sa susunod, pag nagdrama ka na naman on live TV, may kurot ka na talaga sa singit galing sa akin!"

Rj laughed at the vehemence of her last statement. Raising his right hand, he promised "Hindi na po mauulit, pwamis. Cross my heart."

"Promise mo yan ha. Di ako nagbibiro sa kurot mo... Nakow!"

Rj started to lean forward so he can give Maine a proper kiss when...

*Pika! Pika!*

Rj closed his eyes in frustration when Mama Ten's ringtone sounded. Maine laughed at his irritation. "Hinahanap ka na ng Pokemon mo! Let's just take a raincheck. I promise, we'll indulge in M&M's and Pringles mamaya pagbisita mo," she smirked.

"Ano pa nga bang magagawa ko. Duty calls. Got to catch them all kasi," Rj teased Maine.

As Rj was about to open the door, Maine pulled him in and gave him a deep, hot kiss, making him forget that he was about to leave until--

*Pika! Pika!*

Their lips separating with a popping sound, Rj groaned as Maine laughed at him.

"Handa ka dapat mamaya, babe. Hindi lang isang serving ng M&Ms at Pringles ang gusto ko. Paano ako tatagal hanggang mamaya nito?!?"

"It's something for you to remember me by while you're on the job. Saka... motivation din siya sayo para matapos mo agad lahat ng work mo so you can come back here and collect on your raincheck."

"Promise babe, bibilisan ko lang lahat para makabalik agad. Kailangan mag-ipon ng memories kasi mami-miss kita habang wala ka."

*Pika! Pika!*

"Alis na talaga ako. Bye babe, see you later," Rj ran towards the elevator bank while saying goodbye.

Maine smiled and waved goodbye, happy that another "tampuhan" has been addressed and excited for the night of indulgence that will soon come.