Sweet Surprise (part 2)

Here's the 2nd part of Sweet Surprise!
In this part, they'll be talking about the movie Serendipity and how it relates to their lives.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Do let me know what you loved the most about the story and any suggestions you might have!

Shoutout to the following folks in twitter land: @iam_nixy, @mayette29, @lotte0608, @myorangepillow, @ABCDungo and all my other readers! Luv u all!
________________________________

----- At Meng's condo

"I never felt magic crazy as this
I never saw moons knew the meaning of the sea
I never held emotion in the palm of my hand
Or felt sweet breezes in the top of a tree
But now you're here

Brighten my northern sky"
- song from the movie Serendipity

  Maine and Rj were cuddling on the couch as the movie was ending. Maine's head was on Rj's chest while he had his arm around her.

  "What made you think of having a movie night and Serendipity pa ang movie na napili mo?" Maine looked up at Rj as she asked this question.

  "Sure ka hindi mo alam? Parang imposible naman yata?" he asked while looking incredulous.

  "Humour me, please? I have an idea but I'd rather hear it come from you," she answered with a pout.

  "Sige na nga. Kailan ba nman kita natiis?" Rj took a deep breath before continuing. "Why Serendipity? Bakit naman hindi? Title pa lang ng movie bagay na sa atin. You were a happy accident in my life.

   We met 5 years ago sa Candy Fair, I'm sure hindi mo talaga ako kilala then. Iba ang ipinunta mo pero you ended up taking a picture with me."

   "E sayang naman kasi pinunta ko dun if hindi ako magpapa-picture. Nagkataon kasi na ikaw yung nakita ko kaya ganoin! Napilitan lang talaga ako," Maine answered impishly as she leaned back, raised her hands to block what she knew will happen next.

   "Ah, 'ganoin' pala ha!" Rj then lunged at Maine and tickled her.

   "Joke lang uy! Di ka naman mabiro! Hahaha! Tama na yan!!!" she said this while laughing hysterically.

   Rj stopped tickling her but still held her arms. He then brushed her hair off her face, then leaned in such that their noses were touching.

   "I thank God every day na tayo ang nagkita nung July 16 at hindi ibang tao. Pero sa totoo lang, I know even if we did not meet that day, we would still have met again eventually. What's meant to be, will always find a way, di ba?
    Thankful na rin lang ako na at least, hindi na masyado nagtagal before I met you once more. I have never been this happy and it's all because of you."

   Maine looked at Rj with tears in her eyes. She reached up to his face and pulled him in for a long, sweet kiss.

   "You're my sweet serendipity din, babe," Maine stated after catching her breath. "I love the song 'When You Know' in this movie. Bagay na bagay sa atin. Listen to it."

   When you know that you know who you love, you can't deny it
   Or go back, or give up, or pretend that you don't buy it
   When it's clear this time you've found the one, you'll never let him go
    Coz you know and you know that you know

   "Babe, I am not a romantic person. Some people think I'm maldita. I am mean - alam ko yan, I even wrote about it on my blog.
    But with you, I'm more balanced."

    She then covered Rj's lips with her hand since he was about to interject. "Oo na, I'm still moody - ikaw nga madalas ang nakakatikim ng moodiness ko. But lately, I find myself thinking 'How would Rj have handled this'? Then I start calming down a bit. Kasi you've been through so much pero keri mo pa rin. Ikaw ang idol ko sa ganyang bagay."

   "Naku naku naku! Hindi ako santo, nagagalit din ako. Pinapatay ko na lang dati ang phone ko para hindi ako makabasa pa lalo ng masasakit na comments.
     Minsan, hindi nga alam ng mga tao kung ano ba talaga problema nila sa akin. May nagsasabing bakla daw ako. Meron namang playboy, user, at kung anu-ano pa," Rj took Maine's hands in his before continuing.
    "But because of you, I can't turn my phone off anymore. I have this need to always look at it pag di tayo magkasama. Hayaan ko silang magsalita. Basta i know, ikaw ang destiny ko."

    "Tama na nga yan, drama na natin and you have to get going soon. May show ka pa mamaya and I don't want you to get sick dahil sa puyat," she said while fixing Rj's hair.

    "Ok, i'll ask Mama Ten to pick me up. Sa condo rin lng ako mag-stay para hindi na din matagalan pag-uwi."

    They cuddled until Rj received a message that MT was there to pick him up. Before leaving,

   "Bago pala ako umalis, ito yung pinaka-favorite ko na line sa movie. Tandaan mo lagi ito ha.

   Life is not merely a series of meaningless accidents or coincidences. But rather, it is a tapestry of events that culminate in an exquisite sublime plan.

    We were destined to be together. Hinding-hindi ko yun pababayaan. I love you babe, always."

   "And I love you too, always," Maine responded with tears in her eyes.

   And they ended that wonderful serendipitous night with a sweet lovers' kiss.