Doubts

Hi guys! First of all, congratulations to those who joined in the twitter party yesterday. We managed to get 9M for the 9th month! Super proud of AD/MCN! Hope you managed to sleep well after going BeastMode yesterday.

Currently busy with my story outline for the next book. It will be an AU - a little(?) angsty but I hope you guys will support it in the same way you've supported "Sariling Mundo" and "Airplanes and Shooting Stars".

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!
Happy reading!
__________________________
Backstage, after KalyeSerye and the picture sessions with fans

"Woooooooh! Congratulations ulit, Alden and Meng! I'm sure madaming manonood ng movie nyo," Miss A exclaimed after giving both a hug.

"Thanks Miss A! Sarap ng feeling na makabalik ulit sa paggawa ng movie," Rj replied enthusiastically.

"Thank you po, grabe, sobrang bilis natupad ng wish ko, medyo kinakabahan lang ako kasi parang pabebe pa lang ang kaya kong gawin," Maine replied while biting her lip.

"Sus, day, kaya mo yan noh! Yung God Gave Me You nga ang galing mo dun! Hirap ka pang umiyak na parang natural, pero siguradong makakaya yan sa workshop."

Maine only answered back with a small smile and soon after, Miss A left them alone. Well, as alone as two people with production staff moving around can be.

"Babe, may problema ba?" Rj asked.

"Wala naman," but she said this with a worried look on her face.

Rj looked around them and pulled her into the host's room, which was blessedly empty at this time.

"O, why did you bring me here? May plano ka na naman ano? Nakatatlong kiss ka na sa akin kanina! Quota ka na!" teased Maine.

"Wait lang. Give me your phone muna," Rj said while holding out his hand.

"Anong gagawin mo? Bakit confiscated phone ko?"

Rj kept his hand held out and said "Trust me."

Seeing that he was serious, plus the fact that she does have full trust in Rj, she gave him her phone.

He called someone using her phone and said, "Direk, pwedeng mahiram si Maine nang 15-20 minutes? May pag-uusapan lang kami saglit."

Rj paused and listened intently to Direk Pat on the other end when suddenly he laughed, "Hala, grabe sya! Kulang ang 15-20 minutes para dun uyyy! Kakausapin ko lang talaga! Pupunta siya dyan agad pagkatapos."

Rj ended the call and handed her back the phone. Maine had her arms akimbo, a foot tapping on the floor and her eyebrow raised in question.

"Babe, here's your phone. And yes, gusto kita kausapin. Kanina ka pa ganyan kahit nung KalyeSerye pa. Bago pa tayo mag-meeting kasama sina Tatay, pag-usapan na natin ito," he answered in response to her unspoken question.

Maine took her phone and sat down on the chair with a pout. Rj shook his head and pulled a chair up in front of the seat she's sitting on. He sat down, his thighs enclosing hers and leant forward to hold her chin in his hand as he stared into her eyes.

"Babe, anong problema? Nung KS kanina, parang ayaw mong basahin yung mga linya mo sa prompter. Tapos nung kinausap tayo ni Ms. A e alanganin yung sagot mo. May problema ba? Ayaw mo pa bang magka-movie?"

"It's not that, babe. Alam mo naman na pangarap ko maging artista simula nung bata pa ako. Tapos I wished for a movie na bida ako nung birthday ko di ba? Super excited nga ako kanina nung nagsayaw tayo e!"

Maine then stopped and worried her lip once more. Rj was getting distracted by the sight of it and was about to kiss her when she continued talking.

"Pero nung nabasa ko yung sa prompter na hindi pa kasi ako handa, etc., it made me question myself. Kaya ko nga ba talaga ito? Being in a supporting role tapos kilig-comedy yung theme was easy. Pero ngayon tayo na yung magdadala ng movie, may katapat pa tayo na love team na paborito ko dati, can I really do this?" she asked in a worried tone.

Rj couldn't help himself anymore. He pulled her into his lap and held her tight. After a minute, he looked up into her face.

"Meng, yung nandun sa prompter, parte ng script yun. Hindi yun ang totoong ikaw. Huwag mong paniwalaan yung sinabi mo na galing dun sa prompter kasi hindi totoo yun. Handa ka na, babe. Best supporting actress ka kaya sa MMFF?!

She flicked his nose when he said the last line as she knows he's just teasing her.

"Tapos yung katapat natin na love team, okay lang yun. A little competition is healthy at iba naman ang fan base nila at ang sa atin. Basta dapat maganda yung story natin, may depth at hindi lang pabebe para mas lalong maging masaya ang fans natin."

She still looked a bit worried but at least she was now starting to smile.

"Seriously, babe. You're ready for this. At hindi ka nag-iisa, di ba nga, ikaw at ako, tayong dalawa? Hindi kita iiwan. Magtutulungan tayo. Saka first film ko rin kaya ito na ako lang ang lead actor. Puro kasi supporting ako dati o kaya ensemble kami," he paused then looked at Maine with a worried look.

"Babe, baka naman, ako ang hindi makaarte sa movie natin! Di ba para daw akong robot kung umarte tapos ikaw lang at si Jake ang nagdala nung God Gave Me You? Tapos kaya ako nanalo na Best Actor sa Ilustrado kasi sumikat ako dahil sa iyo?"

Maine laughed out loud at what he said. He joined in the laughter when he saw that she finally understood what he was trying to point out. She lovingly placed her hands on his cheeks and kissed his nose.

"Oo na, gets ko na po, Mr. Faulkerson!"

"Gets mo na talaga ha? Baka mamaya pag nag-dinner tayo, bad mood ka na naman."

"Nope, promise, i-e-enjoy ko yung experience.  I'll listen to Mary J. Blige's song 'Doubt' to remind myself na wag masyado pessimist. I will never be able to please everyone, pero if I can make my family, friends and real fans happy, then I will be content."

"Uy teka, bakit wala ako dun? Ako naman yata ang hurt ngayon," he said with a pout.

"You're a part of my family kaya! Kaya nandun po kayo!" she answered with an eye roll.

"Uy, promoted na ako from BFF to family! Yes!" he responded with a fist pump.

The phone rang and they saw it was Direk Pat calling. Maine stood up and answered the phone.

"Hi Ate Patch, be there in a few minutes. Grabe ka! Lalabas na po!" she ended the call with a laugh.

She went back to sit on Rj's lap and hugged him tight. He ran his hands up and down on her back in a comforting manner.

"I need to go na babe. Hanap na nila ako."

"Okay. I'll see you sa meeting mamaya, tapos dinner tayo, ha?" Rj reminded her.

"Of course, babe! I wouldn't exchange yung mga mini-dates natin for anything."

Maine was about to stand up when Rj pulled her down again.

"Ano ba? I have to --"

Rj cut her off with a kiss. It was sweet, heartfelt but all too short.

As they lips separated, they shared a smile only lovers can understand.

Maine's phone rang again. She quickly stood up and took her things before blowing Rj a flying kiss by the door.

"See you later, babe! Love you! as she rushed off to Direk Pat.

He caught her flying kiss and touched it to his lips then whispered to the empty room, "I love you too, babe. Can't wait to see you again tonight."