Surprise

Hi guys! Wow, long time no post! Celebrated my birthday over the weekend - I promised to dedicate my time and attention to my husband and kids so no twitter and wattpad during those precious moments.

I hope you like this update. It's based on Maine's post birthday celebration yesterday.

Happy reading!
_______________________
Sunday, Maine's post birthday party

"...and that wraps it up for Maine's post birthday celebration! Thanks to everyone who helped organize and make this event happen! Again, Maine, happy 21st birthday and may you have many more to come!"

Maine stood up once again, gave a big smile and waved to everyone. Deep inside though, she's... disappointed, disgruntled even.

The source of her bad mood? The one person who she thought she can depend on, the one person she hoped would spend more time with her, the man to whom she has given her heart to, the man who was nowhere to be found on this special gathering for her.

"Uy Maine, ano ba yang ngiti mo? Parang nakakain ka ng manggang hinog sa pilit," chided Ate Niki as she was staring at her expression for the past few minutes.

"Wala lang ito, Ate," she replied and gave (she hoped) a convincing wide smile to her sister and to everyone around who was waiting to have a picture taken with her.

As the people around her were busy with the photo opportunity, she recalled their Facetime call this morning.

"Babe, di ba nagsabi na ako na a-attend ako sa party mo mamaya?"

"Yup! Finally, may pupuntahan ka na rin na birthday party ko!" Maine happily replied with a matching kiss on the screen for Rj.

Rj scratched his head and said, "Eh kasi..."

"Eh kasi ano? Don't tell me you wouldn't be attending this one? You already said yes to this first!"

Maine was agitated at what was left unsaid. She knew at this point that he wouldn't be able to attend. And she hated it - she really hated it.

"Trabaho na naman ba? Did you accept another event/activity?" she asked.

"Oo, trabaho sya. Kasi yung mga naka-schedule ko na event for May, pinaurong this month. Pinaurong kasi may shoot tayo abroad. E nakapirma na kami dun so pina-advance na lang ang schedule," he replied, hesitating for a bit because he knows that she is disappointed.

She tried to look unaffected as she answered back.
"Fine. Kami na lang ang a-attend sa party. And gagabihin na siguro kami nang uwi kaya wag ka na munang dumaan sa amin mamaya."

"Babe---"

"Teka, tinatawag na ako nila Nanay, nandito na daw yung mag-aayos sa amin. Bye."

She knew that she acted bitchy, but she was so looking forward to having him in her birthday party. Yes, she knows that he would be there if he could - he even moved heaven and earth just so he could go to Boracay, right? But yes, call her irrational, moody, etc.; she was just really upset at the sudden turn of events.

Finally, all the pictures have been taken, all the greetings have been said, gifts have been packed and now they're all ready to go home.