Priorities

And since I got super inspired (and I had nothing to do during the flight back to Cebu, I started writing and came up with this!

Happy Valentine's once more - your friendly fanfic writer will be back next week since I will spend quality time with my family tomorrow.

Want to tweet your fave lines from this One Shot? Send me a tweet on my twitter account @mjcathy24! Love you guys and thanks for reading!
__________________________________

When the KS episode ended, everyone wanted a piece of Maine and Rj. Fans, photographers and curious folks surrounded each of their respective groups and took pictures of our Noontime King and Queen.

After they managed to escape the frenzy, they were in each of their respective vehicles with their handlers when Rj called Maine on her mobile phone.

M: Hello babe?

R: Hi, babe. Miss me?

Maine grinned at this but when she spoke, she tried to sound unaffected.

M: Hello, katatapos pa lang natin mag-date and I just saw you a few minutes earlier. Bakit kita mami-miss?

R: Sakit naman! (pauses) Ako kasi, miss na miss na miss kita agad.

M: Bakit (thinks it's a pick-up line)?

R: Fishing ka talaga ha! (serious mode) Alam mo naman na I love you, buti nga hindi napansin ng audience yun kaninang sinabi ko. And because I love you, I want to spend most of my time with you.

Maine was slightly surprised with his answer as she was expecting a pick-up line. In a typical Maine-like reaction, she countered with sarcasm

M: Weh... Talaga lang ha! Work pa more ka nga ngayon and tomorrow. So we definitely won't have much time to spend with one another.

Rj knew Maine had a knee-jerk reaction to his question, but he couldn't help but feel guilty about it. Since the start, it was the one thing that she wanted from him. Not the gifts, not the charm, not his money. All she wanted from him was quality time to spend with her.

R: Babe, wala ka namang pressing appointments, right?

M: *surprised* Uhm, yes. Why?

R: I'll call you back in a few minutes. Tell Direk Pat if pwede sya tumigil sandali sa may Nuvali.

M: Al- (line gets cut) right.

Maine told Direk Pat about Rj's message. They were a few minutes away from Nuvali when Rj called again.

M: Hello, babe?

R: I'm at Nuvali na. Meet me at the parking area.

M: Bakit? Anong meron? I'm confused why we have to meet. Di ba may screening ka pa sa SM Sta. Rosa ngayon?

R: I'll tell you all about it later. Lipat ka sa kotse ko pagdating ninyo.

Maine is still confused but her curiosity has been piqued so she agreed. Once they arrived and she was in Rj's car, she crossed her arms and demanded

M: Alright, Mr. Faulkerson, enough with the subterfuge. Ano bang meron?

R: (serious look) I know I don't have a lot of free time to spend with you. Kaya nga madalas, I just visit you sa bahay nyo or condo mo if I can still manage it kahit busy ako. But I know it's not enough. This is our first Valentine's Day together - I want to make it extra special.