Lock and Key

A/N: Hello guys! Here's a short update inspired by Alden's tweet this morning.

WARNING: Medyo maharot! Huwag ninyo ako papaluin! 😂

Happy reading!
_____________________
*ring ring*

Seeing Maine's name on his phone made Rj's face light up in a big smile. "Hi baby girl! Good morning to the woman who holds the key to my heart!"

"Baby girl and good morning ka dyan! Ano ba yung pinost mo sa Twitter? It has the neyshen abuzz!"

He frowned at hearing what she said. "Huh? Wala naman akong napost na hindi maganda ah! Yung huli kong na-post e para sa endorsement ko. Wala naman akong masamang sinabi."

"Wala ka ngang masamang sinabi, but it's what your tweet seemed to imply that has turned AlDub/MaiChard nation into members of #gutterneyshen."

Understanding what she now meant and smirking at what he realized, he acted like he still didn't get it and asked Maine to spell things out for him. "Babe, sige nga, paki-explain. Hindi ko pa rin gets kung ano yung problema sa napost ko."

"Seriously? Why don't I believe you? Ikaw pa, Mr. Alden Richards?!? E leader ka kaya ng gutter neyshen," Maine retorted.

"Sige na, babe, please? Humor me. Hindi ko talaga alam," he said this as he crossed his fingers behind his back.

"Fine! Check your latest tweet and I'll explain each point." Rj can imagine Meng's eyes rolling and he tried to stifle his laugh.

The tweet she's talking about it is regarding his endorsement for Yale's digital lock, where his FINGER is the KEY.

"Okay, have you checked it na?" Maine asked.

"Babe, I was the one who posted it and it was just a couple of hours ago so I still remember it."

"Fine. First, 'Your FINGER is your KEY'? Babe, kailangan ba talaga ganyan yung message mo? By the way, may typo ka - 'you' ang nilagay mo instead of 'your'," she started.

"Sorry na po sa typo! Tao lang! Pero babe, yan yung script na binigay sa akin. Saka tama naman di ba? Digital key, yung finger mo yung gagamitin to open the door. Ano yung masama dun?" he asked with a smirk.

Sige, babe, hanapan mo yan ng explanation.

"Babe, wag ako. It's not your FINGER that's the key, it's your FINGERPRINT! O, kung may daliri ka nga tapos wala kang clear na fingerprint, how will the door open, aber?"

Hmm, may point sya dun ha.
"Pero with this lock, mas bagay kasi na i-associate yung KEY, which is elongated, to a finger. Symbolism ba. The key you insert into the lock to open the door, the finger you insert into... the keypad so you can enter the right digits to open the door! Kasi digital sya pero may keypad!"

"Ok, you have a point there. Pero what about the emoji that you used? The 'smirking' emoji 😏? You are clearly trying to imply something," she countered.

His face breaking out into a wide smile, he answered back. "Kasi parang naka-one up sya dun sa ibang traditional lock pa ang gamit. Yung ini-imply ng emoji ko e 'smugness', at hindi nagre-refer back dun sa FINGER," Rj answered, pleased with himself for coming up with plausible explanations.

"Teka babe, bakit mo nga pala naisip yan bigla? Ikaw siguro ang vegetable kaya yan ang naisip at nasabi mo," Rj teased her, still containing his mirth.

"Vegetable? Lanta?" she asked.

"Vegetable - green and leafy," he countered.

"Corny mo, Faulkerson!" she answered with a laugh.

"E natawa ka naman! Pero seriously, anong reason ba't yun ang naisip mo?"

"Ehh... Wala lang din," she hedged.

"Babe..."

"Okay fine! Naalala ko kasi yung mga sinabi mo kagabi about the door to paradise and how you would rub, caress and put the right pressure para mabuksan sya. Kaya akala ko, you were teasing me with your tweet," Maine answered in husky whisper.

"Did it work?" he asked.

"Did what work?"

"Did it get you thinking of 'opening the door'?" he answered in a low voice.

Maine didn't answer and he could imagine her biting her lip as she thought of what he said.

"Nevermind, don't answer it. Kailangan ko nang bumalik sa shoot pero hold that thought. I'll visit tonight and finally unlock the door to paradise with my FINGER as the KEY. Bye, babe. I'll see you... later."

Rj then ended the call and smiled; anticipating the night to come as paradise beckons once more.