Reverse Psychology

Hi guys! I am really trying my best to update Sariling Mundo at least once a week. Pasensya na po if I'm a bit late with updates.

Eto na po yung update ko! I hope you like it!

By the way, tomorrow is "Love's Journey" update day. What could have happened that the paths of Richard, a jaded rock star, and Nicomaine, a sickly fanfic writer, will cross?

In the meantime, have fun reading this update!
________________________
Sunday, 08/21/2016
California

"Menggay, siguro ka na yan ang  isusuot mo?" Coleen asked.

"Huh? Bakit naman? We're in LA; it's hot and I need to be comfortable with what I'm wearing," Maine replied.

Maine is wearing a fitted sleeveless top paired with denim shorts. To complete the carefree, Im-going-to-watch-a-concert look, she wore her favorite Doc Martens maroon boots.

"Personally, I don't find anything wrong with it; pero if Rj finds out, what would he say?" Coleen answered with a smirk on her face.

Maine, who was busy checking her bag, looked up and paused from what she's doing.
"Coleen, do you allow your boyfriend to tell you what to wear?" Maine asked with a raised brow.

"From time to time and if he has a valid reason. Pero in general, nope! Why would Ms. Nicomaine Dei Mendoza ask that out of the blue, aber?" Coleen answered with passion.

"If you don't allow that with your boyfriend, why should I change how I dress myself just because Mr. Richard Faulkerson, Jr. tells me to?" Maine huffed. "Ikaw ang aga-aga, nang-iinis ka."

She stalked off to the dresser and fixed her hair into its usual messy bun.

Hanggang dito ba naman, I can't be a normal woman who can do what she wants? Kainesh ha! Pero teka, ba't ba ako naiinis? What if pa lang naman? Para akong timang na nanggagalaiti dito e hindi pa naman nangyayari. Besides, I can always say No to his request. Hmph! Yes, that's what I'll do!

"Tapos na ba ang internal monologue mo, Meng?" Coleen asked from the doorway as she tried to stifle a smile.

"Huh? Paano mo naman nasabi na may internal monologue ako?"

"Hello, napaka-expressive kaya ng mukha mo! Habang kinakausap mo sarili mo, gumagalaw kilay mo, tumatango ka or umiiling. Ano yun exercise lang ng mukha?"

"Che! Naghahanap lang ako ng bagong expression sa mukha ko! Pang-one hundred fifty seven, charot!"

"Fine, kunwari naniniwala ako," rolling her eyes as she replied. "Ay, nandyan na nga pala sila Miss Jen. Tara na daw, mamamasyal pa daw tayo. That is, kung tapos ka nang mag-practice sa harap ng salamin," answered with Coleen with a smirk on her face.

Without answering, Maine stood up, picked up her bag and headed out the door, leaving Coleen to hurry up after her.

--------
Nineteen26 Bar and Grill
Burbank, CA

"Waitttttt a minute!!!" Maine exclaimed as they were walking along the sidewalk.

"Ano na naman yun, Menggay?" Coleen complained. "Lahat yata gusto mo tigilan e! Punta na tayo sa stadium, please?"