Wish Maker

April 28, early morning, Maine's condo

In the wee hours of the morning, all is peaceful, all is quiet.

The only sounds that can be heard is the soft hum of the air conditioner, the rustling of the blanket on the bed, and the sighs and soft snores coming from the one person she loves most.

Maine stares at Rj as he sleeps peacefully on the sofa bed. It had been such an eventful and emotional day and having him near put her heart and mind at ease.

She slowly lifted the covers and slid onto the bed, laying her head down on his chest, wrapping an arm around him as she listened to the rhythm of his heartbeat as he slept. She thought of the emotional roller coaster they went through yesterday.

----

Wednesday began perfectly. A morning celebration spent together, watching the beauty of the sunrise while wrapped in the arms of the one you love.

"Happy weeksary, love. To more weeksaries together," Rj greeted her with a sweet kiss and a tight hug.

"Happy weeksary, babe. Pwedeng weeksary and monthsaries together?" Maine responded in kind.

"Meeksaries?" he teased.

"Make-saries, na lang, para bagay sa M&Ms and Pringles celebrations natin," Maine answered impishly, which earned her a ticklefest followed by a sweet serving of her favorite M&Ms 🙈.

In Sugod Bahay, their real yet playful banter and giddiness was felt across the screen - to the delight of the viewers. Calling each other "Papa" and "Mama" on screen was like a glimpse into their future as husband and wife.

And then, in just one quick moment, her beautiful day became a day tinged with anguish and fear. Anguish, on her part, as she felt violated. Fear, for Rj, as he almost rushed to the baranggay in anger over what had been done to her.

Their emotions were visible during yesterday's KalyeSerye episode no matter how hard they tried to hide it. Rj's eyes could not hide his disappointment over the events that happened earlier. His anger was palpable - the punching bag truly served its purpose in the segment.

When they met again that evening for their look test, Rj still wasn't feeling significantly better.

"Hi babe," he said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

He hugged her and gave her a quick buss on the cheek. They bantered around, trying to act normal, but they were both a little more reserved on the set - their minds filled with words they wanted to say but couldn't express at the moment.

At the end of the shoot, he talked to Mama Ten.

"Nay, ako na po maghahatid kay Maine. Pakisabi na lang kay Dad na huwag na akong hintayin mamaya kasi gagabihin ako nang husto."

"Sige, una na kami. Mag-ingat kayo ha? Maine?" Mama Ten approached Maine and hugged her tight. She closed her eyes and held on to Mama Ten with all her might.

She stepped back and gave a wobbly smile. "Ok lang po ako. Nandito na si 'Papa' - PAPAgalitan at PAPAluin sila pag sinubukan akong lapitan."

Rj slung an arm over Maine's shoulder.
"Talaga lang, subukan lang nilang lumapit. Iuuntog ko sila sa braso ko! Wag nilang malapitan at masaktan ang 'Mama' ko. MAMAhalin ko lang si Maine, at walang pwedeng manakit sa Maine-na-mahal ko."

Mama Ten laughed at the two as she helped them into the van. Rj and Maine waved to her as they left for Maine's condo.

"Babe..." she tried to start the conversation rolling.