Sky Lanterns

Happy 8th Monthsary AlDub/MaiChard Nation! 8 is for infinity; a never ending road, one I wish that our bibis will be travelling together.

By the way, pasensya na po, not a lot of updates on my part due to a busy work schedule, mommy duties to my kiddos, trying to work on Airplanes and Shooting Stars, sickness and stress sa twitter ;-)

But, since 8th monthsary today, plus I love Maine, Rj and you guys so much, I tried to make a One Shot today.

This is based on what I wish happened with their dinner setup in Dakak last Monday.

Do let me know what you think of the story via comments here in wattpad or by sharing your fave lines to twitter user @mjcathy24.

Image is © of GMA Network.

Happy reading!
_________________________
Dakak beachside, late evening

The director yelled "CUT!" and most of the team sighed in relief after the long day they've had. "Most," because for Rj, his sigh of relief was for something else.

Maine sighed and stretched as she was looking forward to resting for a few hours before their next setup. It was an early morning shoot by the beach - sounds super romantic, right? But imagine having a date with scripted lines and a lot of people hovering and watching your every move - yeah, doesn't sound so romantic anymore.

M: (leans her head on Rj's arm) Buti na lang pwede na magpahinga! I'm so looking forward to a quick soak sa bathtub before hitting the sheets for some zzz's.
R: (teasing tone) Pagod din ako; pwede bang sumabay saglit sa bathtub mo?

M: (slaps Rj's arm lightly) Gusto mo makurot sa singit? Behave ka, madami tayong bantay ngayon.

Rj kisses the top of her head then says
R: Alam mo namang nagbibiro lang ako. Ok na yung Boracay natin - for the meantime.

Maine suddenly becomes alert, looks around and motions Rj to keep quiet
M: (pinches burger) Ikaw! Ang daldal mo talaga! Pag may nakarinig sa atin tapos ipagkalat yan, naku!!!
R: *laughs* Ano bang sinabi ko? Sabi ko lang nag-Bora tayo. Totoo naman yun, di ba? Conscious ka lang kasi masyado (flicks the tip of her nose).

Maine tries to move away from him in retaliation but he pulls her back and envelopes her in a hug
R: Ang bibi ko talaga, matampuhin! Biro lang po! Joke lang (ala-Baste)!

Someone approached them at this point and hands Rj an envelope.
Staff: Sir Alden, may nagpapabigay po.
R: Ah, salamat.

When he opens the envelope, it only contains 3 words: "READY NA PO!"
M: Ready na? Ang alin?

Rj stands up in excitement and pulls Maine along with him.
R: I have a surprise for you.
M: Surprise? Ayan ka na naman ha! *whispers* Hindi ba tayo mapapagalitan nyan?

Rj laughs as he leads her to the setup he prepared for her
R: Nagpaalam na ako kay Ate Pat, sabi ko naman babalik tayo after 1 hour kaya wag ka nang mag-alala. Okay?
M: *excited* Okay!

When they were no longer in sight of the crew and the area they were in was only lit by the stars and the moon, Rj said
R: Cover your eyes.
M: Ayoko. Mamaya prank yan!

R: *guffaws* Hindi no! Magandang surprise ito. Sige na, babe, plith?
M: Ayaw... Convince me first *pabebe smile*

Rj approached her slowly. Maine could feel her heart speed up. He kissed her forehead, then her nose, and cheeks. His lips trailed up and he kissed her eyelids shut. They could have moved on to the surprise but Rj, like a child faced with M&Ms, couldn't help but kiss her sweet lips.