9. Let's Go To The Zoo (Part 1)

It was completely boring.

Seriously, I completely forgot how much boring church was. All you did here was sit, listen to the priest talking about how much great god was, stand up, sing some songs about god and then sit once again. It was like a never ending process, a torturing one which was slowly starting to get on my nerves and affecting my patience. 

To make matters worst, I was sitting in the first row where Pierre's dad glanced at me from time to time to make sure that I was listening and not doing something that wasn't supposed to be done here. His looks were hard on me and it seemed like he was more interested into watching me than actually concentrate on what he was saying. To add more to my complete misery, I was sitting between a creepy old lady, who seemed disgust by my presence, and Pierre's mom. My love was sitting beside his mom at the other side and it was annoying me that he wasn't close to me like I had expected him to be.

How did I end up between these two women?

Well, Pierre's mom didn't want me to sit near her son as she didn't want him to be distracted by me. That was complete bullshit if you asked me but I couldn't protest. I could simply shut up and obey. I didn't want to make a scene in the middle of the church. Everyone's hateful eyes were already on me and I didn't want to give them the pleasure of causing trouble. It would only prove to them that I wasn't welcomed here.

I sighed miserably as we were asked to stand up once again. The choral started to sing and play their instruments and soon everyone followed. I didn't sing along with them. I simply didn't want to. I knew the song but I wasn't in the mood. My mind was busy with other things like when the hell would this thing be over. I couldn't take it anymore. Believe me, I wasn't saying that I didn't like to pray, I did but I just didn't like to pray for about one hour among a bunch of idiots.

Except Pierre, of course.

I wanted to be near him. Well, technically he was near me but not the kind of near that I wanted. I wanted him to be closed to me. I wanted to be able to touch his skin. I wanted to be able to look at him, to examine his face closely without a care in the whole. If he was near me right now, I would have been able to stay here for hours without getting bored.

My eyes slowly drifted to the side and I could get a glimpse of my love's face. He was giving all his attention to the front and it seemed like nothing else around him mattered. I liked this expression on his face. I liked the fact that he gave his full attention to everything that he did and enjoyed. I hope that one day, he would give me such look. I would be so happy if he did. 

"Pay attention to the front," Pierre's mom snapped at me, having caught me staring at her son and I averted my eyes from Pierre to look at his mom. Way to go, Declan.

"Sorry," I apologized, looking in front of me. "It's just that staring at Pierre is far more interesting than listening to his dad's rambling."

"Declan!" Pierre exclaimed, looking at me with wide eyes and I immediately looked at him, giving him an innocent look with a playful smile threatening to come to my lips. Guess that he wasn't paying so much attention after all. 

"You ignorant boy, you are lucky that we are here or else..." Mrs Lois didn't finish her threat. Instead she gave me an angry reprimanded look. I suddenly wanted to provoke her a little but I changed my mind when I saw Pierre giving me a warning look. It was like he was reading my mind and already knew about my bad intention.

I gave him a wink and he looked at me in disbelief. I couldn't help but smirk playfully at him and he quickly looked away. Though, I could see him looking at me in the corner of his eyes and I knew that he was doing everything in his power to not look at me, to not let himself be tempted by the devil. Still, I continued to stare at him until he finally gave in. I made a funny face and at first, all I got was a blank stare but soon a smile made its way on his lips. I laughed. Though, I quickly stopped when Pierre's mom gave me a glare. Pierre too had the misfortune of letting out a laugh and he received the same look that I did from his mom, it was just a more hard one.