27. I Need You.

"Why did you never tell me about Veronica?"

"Come on, you really want to talk about that now?"

"Well, I would like to know how you fell in love with that bitch."

"She is not a bitch," Pierre protested and I rolled my eyes.

"If you say so," I told him and he shook his head at me in disbelief. He stared at me for a few seconds before he hesitantly came closer to me to lean his head against my shoulder. My eyes widened in surprise. I could not believe that he just did that.

"Do you come here often?" He asked me and I hummed, nodding.

"The rooftop of the high school is a peaceful place to come to when you need to think and I have a lot to think about," I informed him before adding. "I came here to be alone with myself but I did not expect to see you."

The last time I talked to Pierre or saw him was about two days ago at my house. After he left my place, my parents started shouting and I just went to my room to sleep. I did not want to think, I only wanted to not worry about anything. I did not try to text my love nor did I try to talk to him face to face. He did the same as me. We avoided each other. I did not know why, it was like if we were both ashamed of something that we had done.

I thought that he was going to be in the library like every morning before school started, so I came here for peace but he was there. He was surprised to see me. At first, we didn't say anything, we just stared at each other and having nothing good to say, I went to sit down and he soon joined me.

"How have you been?" Pierre asked me and I could sense the hesitation in his voice.

"I don't know," I replied to him honestly. "And you?"

"Same," he said and I asked him a question that I really wanted to know the answer to.

"How did it go with your parents when you arrived home?"

Silence.

It was what I expected in a way and that made me more worried. I did not want to think of that particular topic because I felt like if it was my fault. 

"They shouted at me," Pierre simply replied before adding more firmly. "And I don't want to say more about it."

I simply nodded in response. I wanted to persist but I knew that I couldn't force him to tell me more. I just hoped that whatever happened, he was okay. He didn't seem so much hurt, he just looked troubled, very bothered by something.

"What about your parents?" he questioned me and I could see the worry in his eyes.

"Shouting like always, but I just went into my room. I did not really listen to what they had to say," I admitted.

"I'm happy to hear that," he said and we remained quiet. I needed to make things less tense. 

"Tell me about Veronica," I told Pierre then. That girl was one of the things that I thought about a lot. I met her only once and she was already troubling me and annoying me so much.

"Why is it so much important to you?" he asked me and it didn't take long for me to answer.

"Because I love you and I wanted to be the first one that you love," I replied and he looked up at me. "You're my first love, the real one."

He shook his head with a sigh and then said, "Declan, I was about seven when I said that I loved her. We were really close when we were kids and she was one of the first friends that I ever got. We were basically always together and you know how kids are at times when love is concerned."