11. No Regrets.

"Declan White! Come down here immediately!" I heard my mom shout after me as I was trying quietly to get up the stairs to go to my room. From the sound of her voice, I knew that, well, I was screwed.

I slowly turned around and looked at my mom who was standing down the stairs, a murdering look in the eyes. Simply looking at her, I knew what was waiting for me - a lot of shouting and drama. I thought that I could avoid all of that for tonight but I guessed that I couldn't. I couldn't run away forever anyway. Better get over with it now than latter.

"Hi mom," I told her with a force smile but it didn't seem to do anything good to her, it only seemed to make her more angry.

"Get down here," she ordered me and my smile disappeared immediately. I sighed. I didn't want to talk to her. I wasn't in the mood to get shout at. Which was kind of worse was that I haven't seen my dad yet. I didn't want him to jump on me unexpectedly. That happened before and I seriously didn't want it to happen again.

Slowly, I went down the stairs, preparing myself for what was to happen. I already knew that taking Pierre to the zoo would have its consequences...bad ones but still, I didn't regret it one bit. I had an amazing day and I wasn't going to change anything about it, no matter how hurtful and painful things were going to be for me in a few minutes.

Pierre and I saw every single animal of the zoo, even my love's favorite animal of all time - koalas. He was in heaven and didn't want to leave. I had to basically drag him away from the cage of the koalas. He was angry at me for it and I had to buy a plush who had the appearance of a koala for him to forgive me. It was so funny to see him act like a little kid. We also took so many pictures that I lost count. I didn't want that day to end but of course, I knew that it would. After the visit, I was going to bring Pierre back home as I didn't want him to get in more trouble than he already was in but much to my surprise, he didn't want to go home.

Somehow, we ended up walking in the park of the town, taking some fresh air and at some point we had to hide ourselves from some of the friends of Pierre's parents passing by. We didn't want them to see us and report us. That was another funny thing for me, for both of us actually. And after about ten minutes of hiding behind a bush, these people seriously took all of their time to walk away, we were finally able to come out of our hiding place and we went to eat something in a fast food.

To sum it all, we had a great time together and when night finally came, I took Pierre home. I resolved myself to confront both my love's parents and mine but he didn't even let me walk him to the front door of his house. I tried to insist because I didn't want him to take all the shouting but he didn't want to.

"I already told you, you are not going to take all the blame," Pierre had told me, "I'm going to talk to my parents. I know that I'm probably going to get shout at but I...I don't regret anything that happened today. So I will deal with my parents and you deal with yours. Goodnight, Declan."

His words touched me more than anything and the only thing that I could find to say to him was goodnight and then I blew him a kiss which seemed to startle him but he quickly shook it off. Then I went home, taking all my time and now here I was ready to face the true devil of my life.

I took one last step and I was at the bottom of the stairs, facing my mom. I didn't dare to look at her in the eyes.

"Where were you?" she asked me and I glanced at her. Her expression was cold and the tone of her voice hard.

"Around," I replied, being the usual me, "I was there and there doing my thing."

That was the wrong answer, I knew it so I wasn't surprised when what happen next actually happened. She slapped me across the face. Ouch, I thought. That one surely hurt. Many people would describe my mom as nice and sweet but what they didn't know was that she had enough strength in her to make you cry like a little baby.