67. You Saved Me Again.

In the course of my life, I engaged into various fights with Emile.

Most of the time he was the first one to attack me but in some rare occasions, I was the one to give away the first blow. Though, no matter how many times we would fight, in the end we would always obtain the same result; I would be defeated within seconds. I was the weaker one after all. That was a fact that I learnt to accept. 

And yesterday night, I found myself completely defenseless in front of him again.

"I don't want to go back home," Kenny said firmly, both worry and anger present on his face. He was sat on a chair, his fists clenched on his knees, and his eyes literally glaring at the ground, as he spoke, "I will not go back to the house. I refuse to be in the same room as Emile and the others, especially not after what he tried to do."

"You won't have to go back," Joshua reassured him, his back leaned against the wall. "Your parents can't force you to come back if you don't want to."

I let out a tired sigh.

"Actually, yes they can," I corrected him, speaking slowly, as my throat was slightly hurting from this simple action of speaking, "Kenny is still a minor. Our parents still have full authority over his life."

Kenny seemed to tense at my words and Joshua folded his arms over his chest, an angry frown now present on his face. I closed my eyes briefly, breathing in and out slowly. I was currently sat on Joshua's bed, still in my boxers, with the bed sheets covering half of my body. My whole body was aching actually and I literally looked like a mess right now. My chest was covered with blue and violet bruises and my face was slightly swollen because of all the hits that I received. 

Curse Emile.

Even if he was far away from me right now, I could still feel every one of his punches. I could still feel his hands wrapped tightly around my neck, choking me and preventing me from breathing. I could still see him on top of me, his expression consumed with anger and hate, as he hit me and to be honest, that simple image of him was terrifying me entirely. 

Was it the first time that he tried to kill me? 

Of course not. He tried to do it before but there was always someone there to stop him. Though, yesterday, I thought that he would actually succeed to kill me and I had to admit that I was scared because I didn't want to die.

"Declan," Kenny said, bringing me out of my thoughts and I stopped staring into space to look back at him, "What are we going to do now?"

That was a good question that I would really like to know the answer to.

I woke up from my beauty sleep about one hour ago, and when I opened my eyes, I learnt two things; 1) I was taken to Joshua's house last night after I fell unconscious (I was pretty disoriented when I woke up) and 2) my mom, along with my sisters, came at Joshua's this morning to take Kenny back home. They didn't say anything about me obviously, they just wanted Kenny back but the latter refused to go with them, so our mom gave him until tomorrow morning to be back home.

"She's going to bring the police here if I don't go back," Kenny continued with a weak voice. According to our mom, Joshua and his mom kidnapped us and she was going to make them pay for this if Kenny didn't cooperate.

That woman liked being dramatic.

"Let her bring them here. It will be the perfect opportunity for us to denounce Emile's wrong doings then," Joshua said. 

"I'm not sure that the police will do something about him," I corrected Joshua once again, analyzing the situation. "And even if they did take Emile away, Kenny would still have to go back home. Our family never did anything to him so he has no good reason to not go back to the house."