46. The Carnival.

"Pierre, for the fifth time, don't eat so fast. The food is yours, no one is going to steal it. If you don't stop, you're going to choke sooner or later," I scolded my love when I saw that he was still placing all of the food in his plate in his mouth at an incredible speed. I wondered if he was even chewing on the food before swallowing.

He gave me an innocent look and talked, his mouth still full, "I just want to go see the carnival. I don't want to miss anything."

"The carnival will still be there after you finish eating, so slow down," I warned him and I took the table napkin to wipe off the food at the corner of his mouth. He finally swallowed the food already in his mouth and murmured a little sorry under his breath before resuming his eating more properly this time. I felt a pair of eyes on me at that moment and I looked at Joshua who was staring at us. "What?" I asked him and he let out a chuckle.

"I just find it cute that you are taking care of your little Pierre," he told me and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not little," Pierre protested, pointing his fork at Joshua menacingly. The latter huffed, completely amused by Pierre's behavior.

The three of us were currently having dinner in the restaurant of the hotel. Pierre and I spent the entire day out in town, doing all sort of different things and we decided to go back to the hotel to shower and change clothes before going to the carnival. We did not plan on having dinner as we had already eaten a variety of food along the way but just as we were about to go out, Pierre suddenly felt hungry and we came here to have dinner.

We had the pleasure of finding Joshua and his mom there. Actually, we did not see them again after we arrived at the hotel and we kind of forgot about their existence. We decided to join them for dinner. Though, Joshua's mom finished eating first and she excused herself to go shower, leaving Joshua with us.

"So what did you do today?" Joshua asked me, "None of you have told me about it yet."

"Oh, we did a lot of things," Pierre replied before I could and a smile immediately got on his face. "We didn't know where to go at first so we just went in an unknown direction, a bit like explorers. We bought a map of the town along the way. There were so many people around and they all seemed so happy and excited. It's really different from our town. We went in a few shops and bought lots of souvenirs and some funny clothes too. There were also some people paint in gold standing like statues, they are so funny. We took a few pics with them and we saw a few people walking around in costumes for the carnival, we took pics with them too. We ate a few sweets there and there and we played some games in the park. That was great. We also took the bus to travel around and we went to the local library, I found a few books. And Declan, oh, Declan, he danced on the street. That was damn fun!"

I tried to stop Pierre from talking for one second but it turned out to be impossible to do. Even Joshua couldn't place one word in and he gave up at his third attempt of trying to talk. Instead, he kept on listening to Pierre while eating his food and nodding from time to time. My love seemed to have completely forget about his food as he continued to narrate his day to Joshua.

Pierre and I really had a lot of fun today. We tried to do as many things as possible and time went by really quickly. We assisted a magical show going on on the streets, then we got our face paint, we talked to a few people, we got offered some cakes and Pierre even got scared of a clown walking around. It was a good thing that I decided to come here at this time of the month.

Today was a day of celebration for the people of here and they organised a lot of things to celebrate. Pierre and I remained close to each other the whole time and he didn't notice but we did get some bad looks from a few people, though, it wasn't anything dramatic. We just did whatever we wanted and there was no one to tear us apart.