74. Illegal Texting.

"It's funny, isn't it?" Kenny suddenly asked me, staring at the ceiling, and I turned my head to the side to look at him. My little brother was in my bedroom, on the bed beside me. We were both laying on our back and having small talks.

"What's funny?" I asked him back in response.

"Well, we decided to sleep in the same bedroom so that we could fall asleep easily, but we got in bed since about two hours and we are still not sleeping," he answered me with a little laugh and I chuckled.

"Don't worry, it's still kind of early," I told him.

"Declan, it's ten."

"That's still considered early in my book."

"You didn't even switch off the lights yet."

"You were the one supposed to do it."

"No, it's your turn tonight."

"You are the one who came last in the room," I retorted.

"Well, you are the one closer to the light switch so..." he didn't finish his sentence and gave me an innocent look.

"No, I don't want to get up," I informed him and I turned around, giving my back to him. "I'm feeling cold."

"You are only in your boxers, of course you'll feel cold," he informed me and I suddenly felt the bed sheets playing place on top of me. I glanced back at Kenny. "That should make you feel warmer."

That was so sweet of him. 

Our family didn't know yet that Kenny was sleeping in my bedroom.  They were just too busy doing their own stuff to notice anything and since Kenny was an early bird, he was gone from my bedroom early in the morning before anyone would wake up. I was pretty sure that our family wouldn't agree for us two to be sleeping in the same bedroom so it was better for them to not know about this.  

"Aren't you going to switch the lights off?" I asked Kenny. 

"I don't want to move, so I guess that we'll be sleeping with the lights on tonight," he concluded.

"Okay then."

"Yeah, it's very okay."

"God, you are so stubborn," I complained, turning on my stomach and burying my face into the pillow.

"You are more stubborn than me, and stop moving around so much," he scolded me and I frowned.

"I barely even moved, dude."

"Declan, I shared a bed with you for only a few nights and I can assure you that you move around a lot," he told me, "I lost counts of how many times you already moved around for the past two hours."

"I'm pretty sure that I didn't move at all."

"You're not sleeping beside yourself so you can't know."

"Sleep on the floor then. I'm sure that it won't move."

"Okay, but I'm taking the bed sheets with me. Freeze tonight, you meanie."

"Kenny, I'm kidding. I won't make you sleep on the floor, I can't, you my little bro after all."

"I know," he informed me and we both let out a laugh. 

Having Kenny in my bedroom was a freaking good change for me. I quickly got use to having him here and those little talks that we had before sleeping for the past nights were really precious to me. Well, he said that he wasn't going to sleep in my bedroom forever but really, I wasn't going to mind if he continued to sleep here. This situation was actually making us grow closer and I really liked that.