58. Talk With Miss Veronica.

"Don't you have class?" Mrs. Lois asked me when she saw me enter the school library and I gave her one of my most beautiful fake smiles.

"Don't you have work?" I asked her back without any care as she never really looked like if she was working. I was not surprised when I received a glare.

"Don't speak to me in such disrespectful manner, brat," she scolded me and I had to hold myself back from rolling my eyes.

"My teacher is absent so I decided to come here to do some personal work," I replied to her previous question and she stared at me with that look of superiority in the eyes. I just continued to give her that fake smile.

Indeed, my English teacher was absent today.

My classmates decided to use that opportunity to chat and to gossip (basically they were having a good time) but me, I decided to use my free time in a completely different way; I asked the substitute teacher if I could go to the school library to do some work. I needed to be in a quiet and not-disturbing place and thankfully, I was given permission to go.

As it was class hours, I expected the library to be mostly empty and true enough; Mrs. Lois, the most devilish librarian ever, seemed to be the only one here. I would have preferred to not acknowledge her presence but she already saw me and spoke to me so I had no choice but to avoid being rude and to simply reply to her.

"I'm going to find a table," I told her, wanting to get away from her as she was only staring at me creepily but as soon as I took one step away from her, she said something.

"Pierre told me that you were not going to tutor him for the month," she told me and I mentally groaned, "He said that you need a little break but this was not part of our deal. How do you want him to succeed if you accept to lose one month for no particular reason?"

"I know what I am doing so don't worry, your son won't fail. He's too smart to let that happen," I told her and she actually rolled her eyes at me.

"If he was smart enough, he wouldn't need your pathetic help," she snapped back at me and that was rude. "You are going to tutor him or else I am going to find another tutor for him."

"Do what you want, I won't change my mind," I made it clear to her and my words seemed to really surprise her, shock her even, "Pierre already agreed to wait but if you have a problem with that, you discuss about it with him, not with me. I can't do anything to please you, Mrs. Lois."

I quickly walked away before she could say something else but I knew that she did not appreciate the way that I talked to her. If I had let her time to speak, she would have shouted at me and we would just have argued more than necessary and vainly. I was going to let Pierre deal with her and if he did not succeed to make her understand, then I guessed that she was going to find someone else to tutor him.

It was up to him to prevent that from happening because I was not going to surrender.

I passed through the different aisles, grabbing different books with me along the way. When my hands were full, I went to sit at a table in a corner. I let my bag fall to the ground beside me and humming to myself, I placed the books that I had picked up to the side and opened one of them, placing it in the middle of the table. I took out my notebook and a pen before starting to read in the book.

Each time I would find an interesting or important note, I would jot it down in my notebook. It was never too late to get extra knowledge. A few minutes passed like this and I was in deep concentration when suddenly the last person that I expected to see here shown up.

"Veronica," I said in disbelief when I noticed her sitting down in front of me. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Wasn't she supposed to be in class right now?