13. Let's Be Friends.

My Maths teacher, Mr. Harold, was not so happy when I came late in his class. I tried to explain myself to him by telling him a complete lie but he did not give me time to even say one word that he was already giving me detention after school. Of course, I did not like it and was going to protest but the look he gave me told me that I better listened to him if I did not want to make my situation worse so I simply shut up and went to sit at my usual place by the window.

Okay, to be honest, it was not the first time that I came late in his class and he already warned me before that if I was late once again, I would be in trouble but I was one of his best students, he could have given me a small little chance for this time. It annoyed me. It was not my first detention but that one really came at the wrong time. Just when Pierre was going to come to my place, I needed to be stuck at school for another thirty minutes.

I already did not want him to talk to my parents and now he was going to talk to them alone without me being here. I did not like that idea. It was a bad one. I could not know what would be the reaction of my parents after this conversation and that was enough to worry me. What was Pierre even planning on telling them? Whatever it was, I did not think that it would have a great impact on them. But I was happy that Pierre was trying to make things right. Nobody ever tried before so I was thankful to have him.

It proved to me that I was important to him. 

Maths class was fast to end and soon I found myself in my second class of the day which was History. I basically spent the whole class trying not to fall asleep on my desk but it proved to be a hard task. Despite the fact that I did not understand what was happening in this class half of the time, I could, surprisingly, maintain my grade at a good level but honestly, I did not even know how I did to pass this class in the first place.

After History class, it was lunchtime so I slowly made my way to the cafeteria. On Monday, sadly, I did not have any classes with Pierre. Well, I did not have many classes with him at all and in the few ones that I did have with him, he sits so far away from me that making conversation with him was near impossible and completely useless to try.

When I was finally in the cafeteria, it was half empty but I knew that it would not take long for it to be full of people. My eyes somehow automatically locked on Pierre who just finished buying his food and was now walking to his table where his friends were waiting for him. Sighing to myself, I went in the queue and after buying my food which was a delicious hamburger along with french fries, I went to sit at my usual lonely table.

I always sat at that table during lunch. Since my first year here, it was the first place that I ever sat. The table was situated in a far corner and it was fine for me. It gave me a good view of Pierre's table, nobody had to actually pass by my table and no one acknowledged my presence from here so it was great. Lonely but great.

When I arrived at my table, I sat down and started to eat my lunch. I thought about what I could possibly do. Watching Pierre was an option but as my journal was with me, continuing my reading would be better. Though, just when I was going to take it out of my bag, I felt someone sit in front of me.

Being confused, I looked in front of me and was surprised to see a guy, who seemed to have been punched in the face as he had a black eye, looking at me with a smile on his face but I was not smiling.  

"Who the hell are you?" I asked him as I slowly took in his appearance. He had blond curly hair, dark blue eyes and one dimple that appeared on his left cheek as he smiled at me. 

"Hello Declan," he greeted me, completely ignoring my question. I was not surprised to see that he knew my name already. His eyes fell on my plate and his smile widened. Before I could even react, he took a bunch of my fries in his hands and ate them without even asking for my permission. I glared at him.