24. Meet Mama.

PIERRE: Declan, did you ever think of dating a girl?

I raised one eyebrow at my phone.

DECLAN: Where does that question come from?

PIERRE: Just like that. I mean, I know that you said that you never found girls attractive but have you ever thought of dating one?

DECLAN: Yeah, I did once.

PIERRE: How was it?

DECLAN: Honestly, horrible.

PIERRE: Why so?

DECLAN: Trust me, I have nothing against girls. I can be friend with them if needed but I don't think that I can be in a romantic relationship with one. I can't imagine myself hugging one or telling her I love you or doing anything sweet and lovely for her.

PIERRE: But if the girl was replaced by me, I bet that you would have been more able to think of all of that.

DECLAN: Exactly. You understand really fast, love.

PIERRE: But what's so different between me and any possible girl?

DECLAN: You are cute.

PIERRE: Girls are cute.

DECLAN: You are the CUTEST of them all and another really important point, you are a boy and I happen to like boys. 

PIERRE: But imagine it. You are coming back home from work and your wife is here preparing dinner for you. When she sees you, she gives you a big smile and comes and hugs you. Isn't that cute? Then your children come running towards you. Isn't that a big lovely family?

DECLAN: Isn't that totally dumb?

PIERRE: You are not even trying to imagine it.

DECLAN: Sorry, love, I am in a public bus and I don't want to puke.

PIERRE: I am rolling my eyes in real life...and where are you going? You did not inform me that you were going anywhere today.

I chuckled and leaned my head against the window, glancing outside for one second. 

DECLAN: Since when do I have to inform you of what I am planning to do or not?

PIERRE: But we always tell each other what we are doing. It's our thing. 

Oh, love, you always take me by surprise.

DECLAN: We have a thing. I did not know that.

PIERRE: Yeah, we have a thing. I mean we don't see each other a lot at school, well, we do but we don't really talk. Though, when I get home, we are always texting and you are the last person that I talked to before I went to sleep. In the morning, you always text me just to tell me to have a good day. And lately, we have been telling each other what we do and what we have planned for the day.

Telling Pierre to have a good day each morning was a thing that I started to do this week. As soon as I woke up, I would take my phone and text him good morning and yeah, for me too, he was the last person that I talk to before going to sleep. Though, I did not know that he considered it as our thing. It made me smile.

DECLAN: I really love you, I hope that you know that.

PIERRE: I can't really forget it.

DECLAN: It's good because you must never forget and actually, I am going to work. The girl that I talked to told me to come back on Saturday. I will arrive there soon.