75. Special Joshua Day.

JOSHUA POV

Declan was smiling brightly. He was laying on his stomach, on his bed, his phone in hand, giggling to himself every now and then while looking at his phone screen. He seemed to be happy, he seemed to be lost in a beautiful magical world full of love and sweetness, and I didn't need to be a genius to know who was the person who he was currently chatting to right now.

It was Pierre Lois of course.

Being Declan's best friend, I was extremely happy to see that, despite the fact that they were in a complicated and limiting situation, his relationship with Pierre seemed to be going marvelously well. I could only hope for things to continue to get better and for them to be together in the way that they wanted, and not in the way that others wanted. That was what I really wanted. 

Though, right now, I was really annoyed and I just wanted to throw Declan's phone against the nearby wall.  

"Declan, are you even listening to me?" I asked my best friend tiredly but he didn't seem to have heard me. His eyes actually remained focused on his phone screen. 

Seriously, about one hour ago, I was sitting quietly at my house, doing my own stuff, I wasn't bothering anyone, but then Declan texted me and asked me if I wanted to hang out at his house. At first, I wanted to deny his offer. After that whole fighting story with Emile, I wasn't really welcomed at Declan's house anymore (well it wasn't like if I really wanted to go there). Though, my friend quickly informed me that his parents as well as his disgusting siblings weren't going to be there, so I immediately got on my scooter and drove to his place.

Everything was going fine at first. Declan and I decided to play the new God of War and about half of an hour later, after we emerged ourselves in that amazing story and adventure, the little angel of Declan unfortunately texted and I simply lost him. 

"Declan!" I shouted this time and he jumped in surprise, his phone almost falling down.

If only...

"What is it?" he asked me and he seemed a little bit pissed off.

"I died," I replied and he frowned. I pointed at the TV screen. "I failed the trial, dude. I only had two more enemies to kill but that damn traveler killed me."

"Oh, that sucks," he couldn't be less interested. After all it wasn't like if I was doing the stuff that he was too annoyed to do in the game by himself. 

Oh, I should have definitely decided to do something else on this Saturday.

"I'm going to get myself something to drink," I declared, letting go of the controller and standing up from the ground. My back was slightly aching. 

"Bring something for me too," Declan told me as he returned to typing on his phone, "There are some coke in the fridge. Serve yourself."

"Yeah, yeah," I said as I went out of the bedroom. I closed the door behind me and went downstairs into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out two cans of coke before making my way back upstairs. I quickly reached Declan's bedroom but as I was about to open the door, I heard him laughing inside and I stopped myself from going further. 

He was having a good time right now, a time with his love that he definitely deserved, and I was pretty sure that if I entered this room right now, I would just be ignored, so I stepped away from the door and changed direction. Declan wasn't going to notice that I disappeared anyway. I came to stand in front of another door and I knocked on it.

No reply.

I bit my bottom lip and knocked again, a little bit louder this time.

"Kenny," I called out, giving the door another knock, "It's me, Joshua."