17. Lies, Lies, Lies (Part 1)

I have thought a lot about what Joshua told me. 

I basically spent the whole night thinking, I could not sleep. I turned around in my bed over and over again while analyzing the situation. More than ten different outcomes came to me. I thought about what could be done and what I should avoid to do, I thought of my parents, I thought of Pierre's parents and most importantly I thought of my love.

I did not want to lose him.

I think that I said that enough times already, it was crystal clear. I needed to be prepared. The conversation that was waiting for me with my love's parents was not going to be easy. I did not know what to expect from them. What would they do? What would they ask me? Would I know what to reply? Of course, I always had something to say but this was going to be a completely different case.

Before I would have just replied something rude and not care about the consequences but now I needed to act nice. I needed to be good and fake smile to people that I obviously did not appreciate. Being nice with Pierre was a natural thing for me but being nice with his parents was a different story.

I would have to look at the hate and disgust in theirs eyes without even flinching, I would have to listen to them insult me without saying anything about it, I would have to be the good little boy who wants to change for the better. This was going to be freaking hard.

But I was not going to run away from this. I was doing it for Pierre, for the possible future that the two of us could have together. For now it was only a dream but maybe later it would become reality so I should not give up so easily.

I fell asleep at about three am and woke up at six. No need to say that I was tired as hell. Trying to keep my eyes open was hard, trying to get out of bed was even harder but I succeeded in the end. After throwing a lot of cold water at my face, it woke me up a bit and I could prepare myself. 

I was quick and about thirty minutes later, I was already fully clothed. After watching myself in the mirror for a few minutes, I took my phone which was placed on my nightstand and unlocked it. I smiled when I realized that I have left the screen on Pierre's and I's last night conversation.

PIERRE: Declan before I go to sleep, I would like to ask you one question.

DECLAN: If I want to marry you? Yes the answer is definitely a big fat YES

PIERRE: God not that.

DECLAN: I bet that our little kids would be cute as hell. They will have your pretty eyes and smile just like you while they will have my hair. I love my hair, I mean I love yours too but I love mine a tiny little bit more.

PIERRE: You do realize that we can't have kids together. Even if we were in a parallel world in which I was in love with you, it would be still impossible for us to have kids, biological ones at least, adoption is an option, or maybe through a surrogate mother, we could have kids.

DECLAN: Did you just make an allusion in which you and I are together and have kids?

PIERRE: Yeah, I think that I did but I was just saying it like this without any reason at all. This is not going to really happen so don't start to think about it more than you should.

DECLAN: God, this is a dream coming true.

PIERRE: I just told you to not overthink about it...but okay, okay, I need to go to sleep so I will ask you my question and you give me the answer back tomorrow. 

DECLAN: You can't leave me so soon *one tear eye emoji*

PIERRE: It's night o'clock. Tomorrow it's church time. I'm going to sleep.