54. Pierre VS Evan.

Hello people! *.*

I hope that you will like this chapter (I don't know how many times I had rewrite that thing already). Sorry for the mistakes and don't forget to vote and to comment.  

GOOD READING!!!

***

"Can we talk?" Pierre asked me as he suddenly appeared in front of me. I blinked and looked at him from up and down, checking if he was for real. He was wearing a yellow raincoat along with yellow boots. Droplets of water were dripping on him and he was breathless. I guessed that he had been running.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him in confusion but also surprise. It was past five p.m. at the cupcake shop and it was raining outside. Wasn't it a little bit too late for the priest's son to be out?

"Well, you have been avoiding me again," he stated and I just stared at him, "I gave you the time and space that you needed and I really thought that you would try to contact me in some way but nothing. One week has passed since the party already and you're still not talking to me. You act like if I don't even-"

"Get out of the way, Pierre," I ordered him, interrupting him and he looked at me in disbelief. He was about to protest but I grabbed him by his shoulders and pushed him to the side, letting the way free. An expression of embarrassment came on his face when he realized that there was actually someone who came to stand behind him while he was making his little speech. "Good afternoon, Miss Jersey," I greeted the female customer with a smile on my face and in the corner of my eyes, I saw the little priest faking looking at the cupcakes in the showcase.

"Good afternoon," she greeted me without even looking at me and her eyes scanned the different cupcakes left. Miss Jersey was a usual customer here. She was a tall woman who obviously had a wig at the top of her head. She always walked around with her shiny rings and her black coat. She spoke in a deep voice and had a strange habit of biting her fingers when she had to think.

At least, that was what I noticed each time she came here.

"Do you have rainbow cupcakes?" she asked me at last and I tried to not stare at her weirdly as she started to bite her fingers. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry but the last ones are already sold out," I told her.

"Won't you make new ones?" she asked me then and I shook my head once again.

"It's already late and we will be closing soon so it will be useless to make new ones," I explained to her, "Tomorrow though you will get the rainbow cupcakes."

She nodded slowly, letting out a sigh, and she looked around with a thoughtful expression before finally deciding to take chocolate cupcakes. I hastened to serve her and when she was gone, Pierre was back in front of me, ready to attack.

"I don't owe you any explanation," I told him before he could speak, "I have nothing to prove to you and if you are expecting me to come running after you and to treat you like the king of the world just because I accepted to give you a little chance, you're wrong. Now, get out of the way."

He stepped aside, an angry frown on his face, as I served the new client that just arrived. If he wanted to talk, he came at the wrong time and the wrong place. True, I hadn't tried to contact him since the party but it was not a reason for him to come at my workplace and to demand some sort of explanation from me.

Anyway, I was not trying to avoid him.

I simply decided to ignore his existence.

He was the one who asked me for a chance to make everything better and judging from what I saw in the high school these past few days, he did not seem ready to do everything to get me back. For example, he still hadn't break up with Veronica. He was still walking around with her hand in hand and that just annoyed the hell out of me. If he wanted something to happen between us, that was definitely not the right thing to do.