61. Picnic On Rooftop.

"So for the menu of today we have homemade sandwiches, strawberries, chocolate, mango juice, and brownies! Yeah! I know that it's not much but I think that it will be enough to pass our hunger," Pierre said cheerfully as he moved his head from side to side and placed in front of me the food that he mentioned and all I could do at that moment was to stare at him in disbelief.

"Are you nuts?" I asked him and he frowned. He placed down the little red box in his hand and looked at me in confusion. "What is all of this?" I continued as I pointed at the food and he opened his mouth to reply but I cut him off, "What the hell are you doing?!"

"A picnic...?" was his answer but it seemed more like a question. "Well, I know that this is not your regular picnic. We are not sitting on grass, in nature, and staring at a beautiful view...actually we are on a rooftop which is probably not the most romantic place ever now that I'm thinking about it...but still, we have some fresh air, a mat and food! So it's still good! Don't you agree?"

Yep, I was lost for words.

"Have you really gone crazy?" I asked him as he opened the little red box. There happened to be strawberries in it and he grabbed one of them.

"You don't find this romantic?" He asked me worriedly and he opened another box which contained melted chocolate, "I woke up early this morning to make the brownies and the sandwiches. I got the chocolate ready and I made the juice too and then I passed by a shop to get the strawberries. I thought that maybe you would like it if I made us a little picnic for today, considering that we are still doing that I have to seduce you in one month thing."

"That's not the question!" I exclaimed and my sudden outburst made him jump in surprise, "Do you remember what we did yesterday? We missed one whole day of school and spent the entire day in your tree house but now here you are in front of me all happy and energetic like if you didn't get into fucking trouble when you got back home. You-"

"I didn't get into trouble," he interrupted me as he drowned the strawberry in the chocolate.

"What?" I couldn't believe my own ears and he sighed.

"I mean I did get into trouble but it wasn't really that much trouble," he said and as I was about to give him a reply, he forced the strawberry into my mouth to prevent me from replying. He then continued, "My parents and I had an argument, a big one. Apparently I'm being rebellious lately and my mom slapped me...twice. Things only got worse afterwards and to sum it all, my dad nearly hit me. It was kind of scary." 

I bit hard on the strawberry and my eyes literally saw fire at his words. Pierre quickly noticed the change in my expression and he grabbed my cheeks, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm alright," he tried to reassure me but I pushed him away.

"I'm going to kill him," I stated as I tried to stand up but he pulled on my shirt, forcing me back down.

"Declan, stop and listen to me," he ordered me, "Nothing happened, okay? My dad didn't touch me. Melanie stepped in before it happened and everything stopped. Actually, she is the one who prevented me from getting severely punished for what I did. The fact that she is herself rebellious helped my situation a lot. Though, she did not help me out of simple kindness. Later on, she visited my bedroom and we had a very unpleasant talk. I'm not going to go into full details but that's all that happened. So don't be mad, please."

No.

Melanie helped him? Why would she do such thing? I didn't expect that from her. This wasn't making any sense. 

Pierre placed his hands back on my cheeks and gave me a begging look for me to listen to him. I placed my hands on his and held them tightly. 

"Make me a promise right now," I told him and he blinked.