43. Imagine that I'm...

"Imagine that I'm dead," I told Pierre and his eyes widened in disbelief. "What will you do?"

Instead of having a verbal reply, Pierre smacked me on my arm and I frowned, rubbing the hit area.

"What was that for?" I asked him, incredulous.

"That's for your stupidity," he replied. "You can't die because if you do, I will bring you back to life and kill you myself. I already told you multiple times and really, I don't know why we are still talking about that but don't ever think about dying. Don't you dare do this to me. As long as I'm alive, I don't want you to see the white light."

"So basically you are saying that I must not die before you."

"Exactly."

"Well, I guess that we have a problem here as I can't live without you," I told him and a thoughtful expression came on his face. "I think that we'll just have to die together. You die, I die."

"I don't agree with this too," he protested. "I planned on dying at a really old age but if something happens to me before that, I wouldn't want you to end your life. You need to continue to live and enjoy your life."

"I want to enjoy my life on this earth with you. If you're not here, I don't see the point in continuing anything," I explained it to him.

"You will continue to live for me, Declan," he insisted, "You will do everything to hold on to life because if I die and soon after I find out that you die, I will come to you and kick your butt no matter where you are in the after life."

I let out a laugh, "I don't think that angels are allow in hell."

"Then I will just open one way for you in heaven," he told me casually and I was surprised. Before I could reply anything to that, he added, "End of the story now. You're not dying, that's final. I won't allow it. I will make sure that you live for a very, very long time. Stop bringing the death subject back now."

"Fantastic," I said and I glanced around, "But what I really wanted to know is, if I die tomorrow and not you, what will you do? Just imagine it."

"That's not something that I want to imagine," he admitted and he let out a long sigh. "I would probably cry and a lot. The thought of never seeing you again, the thought of never hearing your voice again is pure torture to me. I wouldn't be able to bare with that and I would probably break...but yeah, let's just change the subject please."

I was curious to know more but I did not persist on the matter and simply nodded. My love and I were currently in my living room, sitting on the couch. The TV was on but we were not really watching that episode of Tom and Jerry that was playing. Pierre and his parents had been invited again at my house and no particular reason was given for this sudden invitation but I was not going to complain. 

When Pierre arrived here, I brought him to the living room where we were supposed to watch TV while my parents and his went to discuss privately in another room. Again, I had no idea why they let Pierre and I alone but yeah, I was still not going to complain about it. I got the idea of a new game for my love and I to play and we just started it a few minutes ago.

"Your turn," I told Pierre and he nodded. He did not have to think for long.

"Imagine that I'm a girl," he said and I frowned. "What will you do?"

"Firstly, puke," I replied right away and he rolled his eyes at me. "And I would probably not give you much attention. I would have not even been sitting here on that couch with you right now."

"Well, that makes me feel really good, really, I'm flattered," he told me sarcastically and I chuckled.

"Come on, you do know that I don't like girls," I told him really quietly so that he was the only one who could hear me, "When I saw you for the first time, I felt immediately attracted but if you were a girl, I would have probably not looked at you twice."