79. Joshua's Birthday (Part 2).

"Declan, if you don't stop smiling right now, I'm going to throw you out of this car," Joshua warned me, looking at me menacingly through the rear view mirror.

"I wasn't smiling," I protested, confused, because I really wasn't smiling at all.

"Dude, you're smiling through your eyes and I don't want to see that," he said and he slapped himself in the face, which made me slightly worried about his well-being. "Oh my god, I want to break something."

"You already did break something," Greg mentioned the vase that Joshua broke back at his house, "Calm down a bit, Josh. The night is only getting started."

After Greg and I helped Joshua clean his house, we all went in the living room, a little bit tired, to finally celebrate Joshua's birthday like he deserved. We sat down and placed the cake in front of the birthday boy, the candles ready to be blown out, but sadly, Joshua didn't blow his candles. Actually, he started shouting about how his seventeenth birthday was completely boring and catastrophic. 

Greg and I apparently weren't enough for him and he decided to simply end his birthday right here. He wanted to kick us out, he was going to kick us out. He even tried to throw the cake at a wall. Greg and I succeeded to stop him though and that was when Joshua suddenly decided to leave his house.

The boy wanted more.

So off we went in Greg's car to get more.

"Greg, I will calm down when the two of you will stop being completely useless," Joshua snapped at him and Greg didn't dare reply something back. My friend glanced back at me, I was sitting in the backseat with the untouched cake on my lap, and asked, "Did Kenny reply to you?"

"Yeah, he said that he'll try to sneak out," I replied and Joshua nodded.

In Joshua's search of something more exciting, he asked me to text Kenny and tell him to sneak out of the house. I wanted to tell him that this was a really bad idea but from the way he had looked at me, I knew that I couldn't refuse. So I sent Kenny a text, thinking to myself that he was going to decline the proposal, but my little brother surprisingly agreed to sneak out, when hours ago he refused to do so.

How was he even going to do that without being noticed?

Would he even be able to get out of the house?

My question was answered when my house finally came into view and we noticed someone standing close to the road. It didn't take long for us to realize that it was in fact Kenny. Now I was really surprised.

"Declan, take my place," Joshua instructed me as he removed his seat belt and I frowned.

"Why?"

"Just do it," he exclaimed and he got out of the car. I didn't want to piss him off even more so I quickly did as he said. Once outside, I saw Joshua speed up to Kenny and when he was close enough, he hugged him. Kenny immediately froze at the unexpected hug. Though, slowly, he raised his hands and placed them on Joshua's back. Not bothered at all, I simply got back in the car and sat down beside Greg in the passenger seat.

"I didn't know that Joshua wanted to see your little brother that much," Greg commented, staring at Kenny and Joshua who seemed to be murmuring stuff to each other.

"They're pretty close," I told him, placing the cake carefully on my lap and putting on my seat belt.

"What kind of close?" He asked me and I frowned.

"What do you mean by what kind of close?" I asked him back in response, "Joshua just cares a lot for him and it's the same for Kenny."

Greg simply hummed at my answer, a thoughtful expression on his face, and I wondered what was going on in his head. Joshua and Kenny finally pulled apart and they walked back to the car, getting in the backseat. No need to mention the fact that Kenny's face was completely red. Greg started to drive away from the house towards our new destination.