68. The Janitor's Closet.

Chapter dedicated to IDiedByGlamour45. Thank you for the votes and comments!! :p They made me happy!

HAPPY READING!

***

Lunch time had just ended at the high school. 

All of the students were hurrying to their respective classrooms, not wanting to be late. Though, Pierre and I were just standing there, in the middle of the hallways. We received a few questioning looks from our surrounding but neither of us seemed to care, we just continued to stare at each other without doing or saying anything.  

"Declan," Pierre said at last, his eyes wide opened as he stared at me in shock, "What the - what the hell happened to you?"

I bit my bottom lip and lowered my gaze to the ground. 

Here came the moment that I was fearing to face; Pierre's reaction to my messy state.

My bruises still didn't disappear. I had a black-eye and my face was less swollen than before but it was still not pleasant to look at. Moreover, I was sweating. It was extremely hot today and wearing a long sleeve shirt was really not a brilliant idea on my part. I was aware that seeing me like this would be a shock for Pierre. For some unknown reasons, I didn't see him all day and it was only now that I bumped into him while walking to my class. 

Sadly, Pierre happened to form part of those people who still didn't know about my fight with Emile. Well, a lot of people were unaware of it actually. That was an event that my parents were not proud of and they were trying to hide that story as much as possible. Though, just by looking at me, it was obvious to see that I got hit, but the main question that most people were asking themselves right now was, who did I fight with?

"Declan-"

"I need to go to class. We'll talk later," I ended up saying, interrupting Pierre in his sentence, and he looked at me in disbelief. Though, before he could say anything else, I was walking away from him, or more like I was speeding to my math class. Mr. Harold, my math teacher, was a pain in the ass and it would be better for me to avoid being late in his class.

I would explain myself to Pierre later.

I just hoped that he wouldn't get mad at me because I completely ignored him and ran away.

Thankfully, I reached my class about one minute before the teacher did and I couldn't be happier. The lesson quickly began and complicated mathematical problems soon followed. Though, much to my surprise, about twenty minutes through the lesson, there was a knock at the door, and it was quickly opened to reveal the last person that I expected to see.

"Oh, Mr. Lois," My math teacher said when seeing Pierre at the door and my eyes opened wide. What the hell was he doing? "What brings you here?" Pierre was asked and a sorry smile came on his face. 

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Mr. Harold," he said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "But the rector wants Declan White to come to his office."

Huh?

"Why?" My teacher frowned in confusion.

"I don't know. He didn't mention the reason," Pierre replied and he stared down at the ground. 

"And he needs him right now?" Mr. Harold asked again and Pierre quickly nodded. The teacher turned his head in my direction, a frown still on his face. He then asked me, "What did you do, Mr. White?"

Speechless, I was simply speechless. It had been years since I was last called in the rector's office and obviously I did nothing bad lately to have to go back there.