50. Angry Declan.

MONDAY

I finally went back to the high school.

It was against my will though.

Joshua was not joking when he said that he was not going to let me go. He basically got stuck to my ass the whole weekend. He made me clean my room and he succeeded to make me eat something. He even brought me to the cupcake shop to say sorry to Mama because, apparently, I stopped working for no reason. He also slept at my house, despite my mom's complains. He really didn't care about what she could say.  

He simply chose to remain by my side.

Well, I did not plan on returning to the high school so soon but Joshua forced me, saying that I was not a kid and that I could not avoid Pierre forever. I knew that he was right but like I told him time and again, I did not want to overcome this heartbreak.

I was not even sure if I wanted to continue to live at this point.

"Stop staring," Joshua told me as he placed his books back into his locker. I was leaned against the locker just beside his, my eyes piercing right through Veronica. The little bitch was chatting with her friends. She seemed so happy, so witch-like that it made me want to puke.

"She's a bitch," I said, only glaring at her harder. If only my looks could set her on fire. "I knew that she would ruin my life one day or another. I knew that she was sent to take him away from me."

"She's not the only one at fault," my friend defended her as he slammed his locker shut. "It's Pierre who asked her out. If he didn't do so, she wouldn't be dating him."

"I know but it doesn't make any difference to me," I informed him and I let out a chuckle. "I definitely hate her...both of them."

He rolled his eyes, "You don't hate him."

"Doesn't mean I can't try."

And I probably should try.

I did not see Pierre yet. I did not know where he was but so far, he hadn't come into my line of vision. I wasn't sure of how I would react when I would finally see him. How would he react? We didn't see each other for days and the last thing that I told him was that I never wanted to see him again. 

I still meant every word. I did not regret them as crazy as it might seem. I was too hurt for that. Though, I knew that I wouldn't be able to control myself when I would see him. I would probably break again but Joshua promised to not let me cry in public.

He was really the only thing preventing me from entirely breaking.

I glanced at him and saw that he had taken his phone out and that he was typing something. I couldn't believe that I kissed him. I got the want to slap myself each time I would think of it. Thankfully, that kiss did not change his way of behaving towards me. He only became more protective. We didn't talk about the kiss again but I wondered if he was still thinking about it.

"Hey, let's go have lunch," Joshua said suddenly, putting his phone away. "When I went at my house this morning, my mom gave me some sandwiches to eat for lunch."

"Okay, but I don't want to go to the cafeteria," I told him as my eyes returned to Veronica.

Just then she seemed to notice my eyes on her and she looked in my direction. I expected many things but I surely did not expect her to smile at me. I gritted my teeth when she then waved at me. She was doing it on purpose, wasn't she? She must surely have guessed that I didn't like the idea of Pierre and her dating. 

There had always been this sort of rivalry between her and I when Pierre was concerned and I guessed that she won. If only she knew what Pierre and I did at the carnival, that would totally remove that smiling expression on her face.