60. Reckless Pierre.

This chapter is dedicated to khmbrleya for making this amazing cover 😍😍  Thanks a lot!

****

"I told you, Declan! I told you to get away from Melanie but no, you didn't listen to me and now look at what you have done!" Pierre exclaimed at me, looking at me angrily, "I can't believe that you let her tricked you so easily!"

"Can you please stop shouting? I'm right in front of you," I told him with an annoyed expression on my face but he wasn't going to stop.

"You screwed up! I tried to prevent that from happening but you turned against me!" He continued to shout and I was just confused. "You helped her when she tried to get rid of me. Both of you basically forced me to go talk to Mama when that could have waited!"

"Damn it, Pierre! I didn't know, okay? Now stop shouting because you're really getting on my nerves!" I told him, even though I was now shouting too and Joshua cleared his throat to capture our attention.

"Guys, can you please calm down?" He asked us and I was willing to listen but it didn't seem to be the same for Pierre. "If you two start fighting, we won't be able to solve our current problem."

"There would have been no problem if Declan had simply listened to me," Pierre complained, an angry frown still on his face and damn, he was simply driving me crazy right now, "I know that you don't trust me anymore, Declan, but still, you could have tried to - you could have - ah! You idiot!"

"Oh my god, why are you acting like this? What do you want me to do? To apologize? Fine! I'm sorry!" I exclaimed, "But what's done is done and I can't change anything. So can you please give me a break?"

He folded his arms over his chest and lowered his gaze to the ground, not saying a word. I sighed. Great, now he was pouting. That was just what I needed.

I understood why Pierre was angry at me but at the same time, I couldn't understand why he was that angry.

On that Saturday, after he finished talking to Mama, he came back to our table and Melanie didn't waste one second and threw at his face that I invited her out for a date, which was of course completely fake. Though, in the heat of the moment, Pierre didn't know about that little piece of information and the expression on his face just dropped on the spot. He tried to put on a good face but it was obvious that he was touched, in the wrong way, by the news.

Though, Melanie kept on smiling like an idiot while me, I was literally boiling with anger. If I could, I would have told Pierre about what was really happening but there was no opportunity for me to do so, so I ended up hoping that he wouldn't think of the craziest reasons to explain why I was going on a date with his cousin who happened to be also a girl.

Well, I ended up getting a call from Kenny and I used that as an excuse to run away from the situation. I really felt bad for leaving Pierre with the devil but I really needed to get away from that girl.

Though, the next day, church happened and I found myself once again in the presence of Melanie. No need to say that then she informed Pierre's parents as well as mine that we were going to go on a date to get to know each other. Of course, we didn't discuss when that date thing was going to happen but everyone was pretty shocked and then they were somehow happy about it, especially my mom. I guessed that they all thought that I took some kind of interest in that girl and that I was slowly going back on the right path in life.

It didn't seem like Melanie informed the adults about her little evil plan and I wondered why that was the case. They didn't seem to know that it was all fake and that she in fact forced me into this date thing.