84. The Future.

It was four hours after I returned home from my meeting with Missy that I got to talk to my love. 

I was sitting at my desk, just surfing on the internet using my laptop, when he texted me. Of course, my first intention was to tell him about what happened with Missy; how I ended up meeting her in the library and then went to drink coffee with her, but before I could even tell him anything, he surprisingly brought the topic up.

It turned out that, while he was going back home with his mom, she told him that Missy invited me on a date and that I actually accepted her offer without hesitating.

I should have predicted that this woman would do something like this. 

She was in the first row after all when Missy invited me. 

At this point, my love made sure to tell me that he did not believe his mother but when he arrived home, Melanie talked to him and she told him that she saw me on a scooter with a girl, who was sensually hugging me, while we had a romantic ride around town. 

God, those two devil women added fake details to the real story to make it more spicy!

After hearing Pierre's side of the story, I had to quickly tell him about what really happened and when I was done, I wasn't sure if he was actually angry or not.

DECLAN: Okay, love, are you mad at me? 

PIERRE: Why should I be mad at you?

DECLAN: Because I went to drink coffee with Missy.

PIERRE: Nah, it's okay. 

PIERRE: I'll admit that when mom and Melanie told me about this whole 'you with a girl' thing, I saw red for a moment and I wanted to choke you, but now that you explained everything to me, I'm reassured and I'm totally okay with what happened. 

Somehow, I did not feel so good reading his words.

DECLAN: Love, you are free to tell me if something displeases you. I won't mind.

PIERRE: But everything is fine actually. You have the right to hang out with anyone, even with a girl. It's not up to me. 

DECLAN: So you're okay with the fact that I gave her my phone number?

PIERRE: Yeah, it's your phone number. You decide what you want to do with it.

DECLAN: And you're also okay with the fact that she hugged me?

Was I playing with fire? Did I really want to be killed that much?

PIERRE: Am I wrong or are you actually trying to provoke me?

DECLAN: I just want you to be honest with me. 

DECLAN: Why are you having such a passive behavior in front of the current situation?

Why wasn't he getting jealous and furious? Why wasn't he cursing me? I would have been slightly mad if he actually went to drink coffee with a girl.

Pierre read my messages but he did not reply anything. I thought of sending him another text but he suddenly gave me a phone call. I immediately answered.

"You-"

"You know that I'm jealous," he interrupted me, whispering as always, but I was sure that he just wanted to shout at me right now, "Seriously, first I see you playing the piano with Missy, looking all happy, all smiling, and now I learn that you hanged out with her at a cafe. You even let her hug you for god's sake! And, wow, I am literally the one who put her in your way and I just want to punch myself in the face right now for such a stupid move."