57. One Year & One Month.

"So to sum it all, Pierre asked you out for a date and you, of course, you played hard to get but eventually, you accepted his date offer just to see what he was going to plan. Though, what Pierre seemed to have forgot was that he was grounded for the month so this date thing is actually not going to happen so soon. Did I get it right?" Joshua asked me with a thoughtful expression and I nodded enthusiastically.

"Yep, you got it just right," I said before I took a spoonful of my yogurt. "You know me, when I used to plan something for us to do, I always made sure that all the right elements were present before even bringing up the idea to him. Sadly, it seems like he can't do the same."

"He is just a little newbie. Give him some time, I'm sure that he will stop deceiving you one day or another," my friend said with a laugh and a smile came on my face. "He will learn the right ways to win your heart back soon enough."

"To be honest with you, I doubt it. He can't do it. He doesn't have what it takes."

"Hmm, maybe you are right."

"Guys, I am right here," Pierre reminded us of his presence as he waved his hands in front of our faces. Joshua and I finally looked at him, really amused by the situation, and he pouted, "If you want to talk badly of me, you could at least do it when I am not present."

"I don't know," I replied to him maliciously, "Maybe I want you to hear how much you suck at being the slightest bit romantic."

"I don't suck!" he protested like a little kid, "I just forgot that I was grounded. I'm trying my best here."

"If that's your best, you really have some big improvements to make."

"You are so mean to me, Declan."

"If I was really mean, trust me, I would have never allowed you to be here with us right now. True, your friends dumped you but Joshua and I are not forced to keep you company to prevent you from being alone."

"My friends did not dump me," Pierre corrected me with a firm voice but then he added more quietly, "I am the one who decided to stop hanging out with them. I had enough of them stepping on me and telling me what I can and cannot do. This needed to stop...besides, it's best for me to not be around Veronica for the time being."

"Wow, you are becoming a little rebel," Joshua laughed and Pierre frowned, "I never thought that you would rebel against the people who toyed with you all this time. Let's be honest, your friends have always treated you like crap. You gave them the power to crush you and it never occurred to me that one day you would fight back."

"I agree with you, Joshua," I said with a nod of approval, "I always thought that I would be the one to defend Pierre against the people who mistreat him. I mean, he is always defending the bad guys and accepting to be the carpet for everyone to step on."

"Stop it, guys!" he exclaimed, childishly, "I-I-I can defend myself and not everyone mistreat me."

"If you say so."

"You are just so mean! Both of you!" he pouted and Joshua and I laughed again. It was just so easy to tease him, "I will prove you wrong. I promise you."

I smirked. That was really interesting to see; Pierre was finally taking the initiative to live his life like he wanted. Okay, so far, he did not do much, there was actually more talking than acting but if he has enough determination, maybe he would be able to reach his goals. Though, for him to be really free and happy, he still needed to fight against his strongest enemies.

His parents. 

"I want to pee," Joshua said suddenly as he stood up from the ground, "I will be right back."