28. Joshua's Past.

A few weeks had passed since I last talked to Pierre on the rooftop of the high school. I could say that things calmed down since then. There was no shouting, no arguments and no sadness at all, everything was great. Pierre and I talked almost every day, and even though sometimes we didn't talk to each other at the high school, we made sure to chat on phone. I learnt more about him and he learnt more about me.

Our relationship improved in a way. We started to trade pics and also video chatting. Seeing him in his pajamas was so funny that I just couldn't stop commenting about it and it embarrassed Pierre a lot. 

There was also that night when he watched an horror movie with his shit group of friends and he was so scared that he couldn't sleep so he called me in the middle of the night because apparently he was hearing some strange noises. We talked for about one hour and he fell asleep to the sound of my voice.

Pierre also started to love the nickname that I gave him and he proved it to me when once, for about two days, I didn't call him 'my love' and the poor boy thought that I was angry at him. I found it cute. I would have never thought that he would be bothered if I did not call him by his usual nickname.

One funny and unexpected thing was that my love found me a nickname. At first, it was supposed to be a joke but then it became a habit.

Darling.

I found it so ridiculous but I must admit that he made me feel a little something each time he said it. I asked him to find another nickname for me but he declared that it was the perfect one and that I would have to get used to it until he found a better nickname. I couldn't disagree with him on that one.

Oh my sweet love.

Concerning his parents, they were still suspicious of me. A few times, I went to talk to his dad and honestly, no matter how many times I ended up alone with him, he still had the power to make me super nervous. God, he succeeded to make me go to some sections of prayers. That was more long and more boring than going to church. They did not even let me sit next to Pierre but guess who did? Damn Veronica! Each time, she dared smile at my love, I got the want to rip her teeth out.

As for my parents, they got off my back a bit. I was really getting good at pretending to be the good son that they always wanted. My relationship with the little Kenny had changed. We got closer and talked more often than before. Emile on the other hand, I was avoiding him as much as I could. My parents had informed him that I did not want to be gay anymore and since then, he had been trying to prove them wrong so avoiding him was the way to go. Things were the same with my sisters.

At my work, the situation improved a lot. Now I knew where everything were as well as all the names of the cupcakes. Dealing with annoying customers wasn't a problem anymore. It became a habit and I knew exactly what to say when I received insults. Mama also tried to show me how to bake cupcakes. It was a complete disaster. One thing for sure, I did not have the good hands of her son. Though, it was still fun.

An interesting news concerning my work was my new co-worker. One of the employees of Mama didn't appreciate my presence among them so he told her to choose between me and him. Well, let's just say that Mama gave him the humiliation of his life. That was so funny to watch and unlike the other time, Mama was quick to find someone else to replace the one that left. It was a boy that was a real professional at baking.

It was Greg, Joshua's ex best friend.

It was a shock for me to see him and it was the same for him. Of course, he worked in the kitchen while I served the customers so we didn't see each other often, but sometimes, during our break or when we put on our uniform, we saw each other and we couldn't stop arguing then. Mama found our little fights funny as hell. She didn't seem to worry that her little peaceful atmosphere would be destroyed.